Author Topic: The benefits of putting flour on burns - amazing  (Read 2363 times)

Offline Watson

• House Kustoms Guitars and Amps
The benefits of putting flour on burns - amazing
« on: March 04, 2015, 01:44:21 pm »
We all get a myriad of emails touting one thing or another. I recently received this one and ironically a few days later unfortunately had occasion to try it. Here is the body of that email:

Subject: The BENEFITS OF FLOUR

Some time ago, I was cooking some corn and stuck my fork in the boiling water to see if the corn was ready. I missed and my hand went into the boiling water....!! A friend of mine, who was a Vietnam vet, came into the house, as I was screaming, & asked me if I had some plain old flour...

I pulled out a bag and he stuck my hand in it. He told me to keep my hand in the flour for 10 minutes. He said, in Vietnam, there was a guy on fire and in their panic, they threw a bag of flour all over him to put the fire out...Well, it not only put the fire out, but he never even had a blister!!!!

Long story short, I put my hand in the bag of flour for 10 mins, pulled it out and did not even have a mark or a blister & absolutely NO PAIN.

Now, I keep a bag of flour in the fridge and every time I burn myself. *Cold flour feels even better than room temperature flour. I use the flour and have never ever had even a red spot/burn mark, or a blister! I even burned my tongue once, put the flour on it for about 10 minutes .... the pain was gone and no burn.

Try it . . . Experience a miracle! Keep a bag of flour in your fridge and you will be happy you did! Flour has heat absorbent property and also has a strong antioxidant property, thus it helps in burn patients if applied within 15 minutes.

Long story short I had occasion to try this over the weekend. While soldering in tight quarters restoring an EICO Capacitor tester on Sunday night, I burned the tip of my left thumb pretty bad with my soldering iron. It was late and I did not want to rummage through the hall closet looking for some ointment and wake up others in the house. Then I remembered this email so I did what it mentioned.

The end of my thumb had the typical whitish/yellow look of burned skin and already had an appropriate amount of noticeable pain. I wet the end of my thumb and stuck in into some flour that I had placed into the palm of my other hand. It caked on pretty good from having wet my thumb and after 10 minutes I rinsed it off.

I had no more pain by then and honest to goodness I could not see any sign of having scorched it. It is three days later now and there has been no pain, no blistering and truly no sign that I even had burned it. Quite amazing. This really works as well as the email stated!!

I thought this is something worth passing on as I am now absolutely a believer. I still look at my thumb and say to myself...WTF???

A follow-up note...I posted this a couple of months ago on the vintage amp forum.  I had a similar occurrence on Sunday evening and again did the same thing.  What was instantly a scorched yellowish looking burn that hurt like the dickens ended up invisible after 10 minutes of flour treatment.

It really does work.  In my case, I used pancake mix which is mostly flour and it worked the same.  I hope few need to try this soon but if you do remember this post and wet the area, cake some flour on it and leave it there for at least 10 minutes.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 09:03:03 am by Watson »