Author Topic: thought discussion board enhancements  (Read 15205 times)

Offline bcomnes

thought discussion board enhancements
« on: September 07, 2001, 09:25:00 am »
I like the features of this new discussion board. It was worth the change.  However do you have any control on this board's layout?.  Here are some thoughts on how I'd try to improve it.

I think you could improve the navigation somewhat by making the login and logout in a box separate from the other choices and with a larger font. it gets lost in its current location.

Search ought to be prominent, larger font and singular as well.  the other choices that you use infrequently like member list, FAQ, edit profile, can stay clustered together and in that small font.

The NEW TOPIC button should be placed closer to the list of topics and labeled Click Here to Start a NEW topic.  In its current upper right location it gets lost because your eyes are lower left reading subject lines

wWth use, experienced members will get use to the board just the way it is but I think the changes I'm suggesting would make it easier for casual or first time people and hopefully make 'em want to cpome back more.

I'd also suggest changing the label Q&A to Sunn Discussion Forum, and possibly modifying the homepage to include 3 buttons with direct access to Discussions, Classisifeds, Feedaback/Requests) for the 3 types of forums you have.

Just some thoughts

Brian

ps i just bought a pristine old  1200s head with 4 6550s....its amazing!!
I enjoy old Sunn stuff, tube and solid state, I have a Concert Bass, Concert slave, 1200s (4X6550, dual rectifier) Concert PA, Studio PA, and an old Acoustic 360 2X15 cab but with Sunn Speakers)

Rock On!!

Offline sunn

thought discussion board enhancements
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2001, 10:34:00 pm »
I've added a login hack to the main page to make the login more visible.

I'll have to think of a way to make the Reply / New Topic links more visible too, I had the same problem you did trying to figure out how to do that...