Author Topic: SUNN photos anyone??  (Read 52004 times)

Offline fatlizzard

Re: SUNN photos anyone??
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2006, 08:18:46 pm »
I checked out the 8 string site,very cool stuff, especially the Entwhistle collection!
if at any time you decide to sell the 2000 cabs I live close by assuming you are in the L.A. area I would be interested in one, I have an old EB-1 that would like to hear through a full 2000 rig.(Felix)

Offline mc2

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2006, 10:24:58 pm »
Actually, it's a "she"...Ronni Crooks. Amazing player; can play anything from jaz/fusion to funk to metal. If you went to NAMM shows or Frankfurt Music Fair you probably saw her playing  at Crate/Dean Markley/Vigier Guitars, etc. or doing clinics. Anyway, freak accident...she stepped off the curb in front of a hospital and got run over by an off-duty NYC cop...the guy knocked her almost 100 feet and actually killed her but they took her right inside the hospital and brought her back!! Was in a coma for weeks and had no short-term memory when she eventually came to. Spent nerly a year in a wheelchair and on a walker. A really horrible thing. About the ony thing that didn't break were her arms and hands. The memory loss was a real problem to overcome...remembered HOW to play and theory but actually could not remember any songs ever played!! Had to relearn. Before the accident she was like a walking music fakebook....knew practically every song on the planet.

The sad part...the NYC police union got their lawyers to buy off the case and the judge came back frpm lunch the first morning and called in the two attorneys (but NOT the jury) and said he decided over lunch that "when you cross a public street, you take the risk of being killed...case dismissed!"  I saw online that all files were "ordered destroyed." Nice, huh?

Ironically, the last song we'd released was more of a commercial/pop thing we co-wrote with a friend from Germany titled "Killed By You."  It was a curse. It was just starting to roll on MuchMusicTV (now Fuse), was on a four-cut EP with three major artists and we'd just come back from playing in Europe...and WHAM!! I think there's a copy of the song floating around on YouTube.

Offline mc2

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2006, 10:32:56 pm »
I checked out the 8 string site,very cool stuff, especially the Entwhistle collection!
if at any time you decide to sell the 2000 cabs I live close by assuming you are in the L.A. area I would be interested in one, I have an old EB-1 that would like to hear through a full 2000 rig.(Felix)

Thanks! That's MY old Fender Bass VI that was in Entwistle's collection when he died that they auctioned off at Sutherby's. I sold it to him in the mid-80s in NYC. He was one of my major influences, so it was cool he kept it all those years after selling off most of his basses.

I need to do a major update on the 8-string site...I have a pile of photos to add and a few interviews.  I finally got around to doing one on the 12-string site in Aug-Sept.

Offline stanner

• s t a n o s a u r
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006, 02:12:23 pm »
yo mc2-if ya EVER i mean Ever get rid of those (2) 1000S bottoms w/ out contacting me-
the SunnKing will rattle down on ya.
s
AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

Offline mattygold

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2006, 03:40:13 pm »
well im not afraid to post another picture.
my collection is no where near as good as his, and its all mostly the later red and black sunn stuff.

once i get a few more red and black pieces im going to work on getting a 2000s, and 1200s along with silver grill 2x15, 6x12, and 4x12 stack.

ive gotten some more things since this picture, a coliseum 300, beta lead, and another 1x18rh. i also have some shitty sunn power amp that doesnt deserve to have a picture taken of it.

i think at the age of 21, ive gotten a pretty good collection.

Offline disappearer

• http://www.disappearer.com
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 08:36:51 pm »

Offline disappearer

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2006, 08:38:30 pm »

Offline n!k

• N!
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2006, 06:12:13 pm »
Please tell us what cabs they are when you post them. For example, that looks way bigger than the standard 2x15 in the middle. What is it?
My Sunn Amp:
1971 "Coliseum" Model T (Prototype, Made in Portland)

Offline fatlizzard

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2006, 09:47:42 pm »
Is the center cab. a 2000S cab? It appears to be empty?

Offline disappearer

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2006, 06:47:44 pm »
left to right: model 4, 412sr(empty), 2000s(bottom), 412(top), 412sr (empty), model 4

The 2000s is a 215 cab and IS quite big, but it also does have speakers in it.

rick.heil

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2006, 07:06:59 pm »

Just the Beta Lead is at college.  My mixer, GEQ, and power amp are at home.

Offline Bhairab108

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2006, 10:05:50 am »
here are my two most loved head units (my only two head units for that matter) the sceptre is a 68 i think and the sonic I-40 is a 70. i have no sunn cabs,but i do have a sweet Electric amp innovations 6x12 that i run them through.

Offline pickinatit

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2006, 04:59:19 am »
Selling of 2000S Cabs ?  I just bought a 2000S Amp!!  Please, if you decide to sell give me a crack at them? (pickinatit@comcast.net)

Offline thefelonwind

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2006, 03:13:29 pm »
here are my two most loved head units (my only two head units for that matter) the sceptre is a 68 i think and the sonic I-40 is a 70. i have no sunn cabs,but i do have a sweet Electric amp innovations 6x12 that i run them through.
That is the setup that I have been wanting, roughly. Id like to get a Sceptre or Solarus and run it with my Sorado through an Electric 612.