Author Topic: SUNN 1201 speakers  (Read 6565 times)

Offline Eddie Strange

SUNN 1201 speakers
« on: October 13, 2007, 08:02:57 am »
I bought these speakers @ a garage sale for 80 $ 40 each and I cant find out any thing about them its like they never existed I cant even find another pair to com pair but they work great and I think I got a good deal anybody know anything 1201 sunn speakers serial number. LO-265919 / LO-265873  thanks.,.,.,. Eddie Strange
                         Rite            Left
Eddie Strange I play only Original music cause Im to LAZY to learn anybody elses stuff check out what I sound like maby you like maby you dont its all good to me .. glad to be a member of this great sight,.  

Offline JoeArthur

• Global Moderator
Re: SUNN 1201 speakers
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 08:55:25 am »

Don't know. Is there any other numbers? The serial number really means nothing, but a source date code might. Should be either six or seven digits, maybe with a space or hyphen between the third and forth digit.

Offline Eddie Strange

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 09:16:16 am »
no sir no numbers at all Ive looked outside the cabinet never took um apart to look inside do you think i should.   bht heres what on them and in a few minuts ill get a good pic of one of them for you    MODEL
                                                     PARALLEL
                                                      INPUTS
                                                     SUNN 0)))
                                        IMPEDANCE      POWER RATING
                                          8 OHMS           100 WATTS
                                                             {PER EIA RS426}
                                                 A PRODUCT OF;
                                    FENDER MUSICAL INSTERMENTS CORP.,
                                                 BREA, CA 92612
                                                  MADE IN U.S.A.
                                     SERIAL NUMBER
                                                 LO-    265919
Thats it Sir all I have can you still help ill take a pic now and load it on home page
Eddie Strange I play only Original music cause Im to LAZY to learn anybody elses stuff check out what I sound like maby you like maby you dont its all good to me .. glad to be a member of this great sight,.  

Offline JoeArthur

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 09:55:47 am »

Sorry, my head was someplace else - I thought you were talking about raw speakers, not a cab.

Yeah, fender made them under the Sunn name. They're monitor speakers, could be used as a small vocal or announcement type PA - like I've seen them used by schools.

Offline Eddie Strange

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 10:13:16 am »
if I use them for open mike nite for acoustic guitar and vocals only would they sound good in a coffee house Ive only played them through my 100 watt house stereo to see if they worked and they rocked haven't really used them yet thanks for the info I'm a little disappointed though school speakers yeah!! did I at least get a good deal on them for 80 bucks .,.,.Eddie

Offline Johann

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 12:17:55 pm »
yeah, that was a good deal.

and they should be fine for the application you want to use them for, a decent small PA rig