Author Topic: Concert Controller 2 - Loud Pop When Shutting Off  (Read 1795 times)

Offline Jeff Troy

Concert Controller 2 - Loud Pop When Shutting Off
« on: October 27, 2017, 05:12:46 pm »
Hi, Guys,
I'm pretty decent with cosmetics, but I don't do electronics and my repair guy is gone.
I use a Concert Controller 2 (6-CH) for rehearsal with a swing bad - only two vocals and we don't mic anything else - but when I turn off the unit, it makes a horrendously loud pop.

I'm only running a pair of sunn floor monitor speakers in the rehearsal room, but the last time I switched off, it did some damage. I didn't know that anything was wrong until the next time I turned it on, and then it was pretty clear that the the mixer has a problem. The horns in the monitors seem to respond, but the speakers do not. Pretty sure the pop in the controller blew them out.

I plugged in a 412SR cab and a Concert Horn Accessory. They all work fine. I went back to the monitors and still no speaker response. All the hookup cables are good, and it's unlikely that the speaker wiring inside both monitors would go south at the same time.

Anybody know what this is, and how to fix it? Someone mentioned something about a capacitor on the on/off switch, but he never followed up. Please help if you can.

Please respond to  jefftroy@aol.com  I don't get on this site so often anymore.

Thanks and regards...
759 New Holland Ave.
Lancaster PA 17602
C: 717-917-3670
www.bandmix.com/jefftroy
www.jefftroy.com (under construction)