Author Topic: Beta amps in video for Rock The Casbah?  (Read 5964 times)

Offline shibbz

Beta amps in video for Rock The Casbah?
« on: September 15, 2011, 12:27:06 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAkfHShATKY
I'm pretty certain those are beta 2x12 combos and a beta bass stack.
Think so?

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
Re: Beta amps in video for Rock The Casbah?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 06:59:52 am »
I can't tell, can't make out any detail as far as logos or controls on my monitor. I don't see any casters though.

Offline grimniggzy

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 07:20:37 am »
At 1:00 in, I'd say almost definitely that that is a Beta on the bass rig.
Sunn Coliseum Bass--->Sunn 215B
Sunn Beta Bass--->Ampeg 410HLF
Sunn Beta Lead--->Marshall 4X12
2 Sunn Concert Basses
3 Fender P's, 1 Fretless J, 2 Statss, AmpegPlexiBass
OC-2 + QTrons + RATs + VTBass

Offline mckinnon audio

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 08:08:22 am »
   Hi there,I tried the link to watch the video,but I get this message,"Video contains content from SME,not available in your country" (Canada).I'm a computer Neanderthal,what the hell does this mean ? Mel.

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 08:41:53 am »
   Hi there,I tried the link to watch the video,but I get this message,"Video contains content from SME,not available in your country" (Canada).I'm a computer Neanderthal,what the hell does this mean ? Mel.

Well Mel, I think it means you need to move South if you want to watch 30 year old Clash videos.  :-D

On closer inspection, I'd say that's correct. I wonder what the track was recorded with? Paul Simonon was using Ampegs the times I saw him, but... I don't think he played bass on that track.
I'm gonna guess it's a P Bass direct to board running a little hot on the front end.

Offline pickinatit

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 07:00:16 am »

I just got the same message and I'm in South Jersey!!

Well Mel, I think it means you need to move South if you want to watch 30 year old Clash videos.  :-D

On closer inspection, I'd say that's correct. I wonder what the track was recorded with? Paul Simonon was using Ampegs the times I saw him, but... I don't think he played bass on that track.
I'm gonna guess it's a P Bass direct to board running a little hot on the front end.

Offline Oli

• FEED YOUR HEAD!
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 07:13:46 am »

[/quote]
[/quote]

...same problem with youtube.....
I think Paul used Ampeg + (at least two...see attach) Fender P`s at leased since 1982 - Combat Rock. hard to tell about the Sound ...a DI? DI+Amp???
Paul is with the good, the bad and the queen last time I saw him, great tunes aswell! When you like The Clash You`ll love KILLING JOKE, they used SUNN`s in the early 80`s aswell.

SUNN Sorado - 1969 / SUNN 2000S - 1970 / SUNN Sorado  - 1971 / SUNN 350B - 1973 / SUNN Coliseum 880 - 1973 / SUNN Concert Bass - 1972 / SUNN Concert Bass - 1979 / 2x SUNN 215B - 1970/75 / SUNN/SAD 2000S cab

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 10:05:23 am »
I'm getting the same message now also, try this link;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4HPdWYwgyw&feature=fvst

Offline MikeL

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 12:21:01 pm »

[/quote]

As I recall, drummer Topper Headon, who was a bit of a talented multi-instrumentalist, wrote/performed all of the music track, and then Strummer put the lyrics/vocals on top along with Strummer and Jones' guitars.