Author Topic: Google "Safe Browsing" issues with this site.  (Read 3912 times)

Offline Greg_M

Google "Safe Browsing" issues with this site.
« on: September 22, 2010, 08:15:36 am »
I have not been able to get to this site for days because I updated my Firefox web browser and with it came a new safety feature called "Google Safe Browsing". It says this site's host is suspect of nefarious malware plots but gives no evidence or incidents. After trying to turn that function off in a few ways, I did (of all things) a google search and came up with this page.

http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?locale=sr&comments_parentId=172804&forumId=1

The owner of this site may want to contact google and see what the fuss is about as it is no doubt discouraging traffic.
Is this a shakedown attempt by google?

Offline CLD

• Sunn Sorado
Re: Google "Safe Browsing" issues with this site.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 10:13:38 am »
I haven't had this problem myself but another local forum member e-mailed me about it yesterday because he was getting the same kind of warnings.
Sunn since June 1971!
1971 Sorado, 2000S, Coliseum Bass, Coliseum Lead
1970 200S; 1974 Coliseum 880

Offline biltmore

• The Sound Choice
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 11:13:28 am »
I am also getting these warnings. Google has reported this site as an "attack site", which means that malware is being hosted somewhere. My guess is that it's probably from the forum. Forums are easily hackable, and you have to frequently update these things or else stuff like this can happen.

Offline Walt-Dogg

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 12:37:26 pm »
I have this same issue and in fact I'm posting from my phone. I tried looking into it, there's really nothing us users can do (of course, thank you Google!). Whoever paid for the site's domain again back in June needs to contact Google/Mozilla and get this straightened out. Posting and browsing should not be a hassle.
Gibson Les Paul Special
Electra X260
Squier Precision Bass MIJ
Science Hellhawk 100w
Ampeg VT-22/V-4
Science Mother
Mojotone Bluesbreaker 2x12
Mojotone British 4x12
Ampeg SVT 810

Offline madaradio

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 04:31:45 pm »
Same here. I can not access the site except through my phone.  Help us sysop!!!

Offline dheizer

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 06:52:22 am »
you can list this site as safe in the options for that feature.  Not near the PC i had the issue with to provide a better description of how to do it.

The google report did specifically mention 2 domians that were resulting in the block.  I am sure these were referenced through a post or link someone embedded in a thread on the forum.  Personnally I prefer these things provide warnings or block access since i have sent way too much time cleaning up other people's PCs because they download/click on/get latest ringtone they see.

Offline biltmore

• The Sound Choice
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 12:07:03 pm »
Well, I loaded into the site today without any issues. Maybe we're good to go now?

Offline madaradio

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 04:01:17 pm »
^same

Offline scotzoid

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 11:16:29 pm »
I was getting the blocking messages from Firefox as well, all clear now. There was a similar outbreak at another forum, Strat-Talk, that appeared to be the result of some bad ads sneaking in, don't think that would be a problem here, but trojans can spread like wildfire anytime they get out.

Offline Greg_M

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 09:40:57 pm »
DO NOT TURN OFF THE SAFE BROWSING

I've just spent the last 3 days trying to beat the virus/malware I picked up on the net. Whether it was here or elsewhere it doesn't matter. Just don't turn it off