Author Topic: Fender Sunn tolex  (Read 2833 times)

Offline ducatidoc

Fender Sunn tolex
« on: November 26, 2018, 03:36:25 pm »
Hey guys, I just received a full, complete roll of Fender Sunn tolex, new in box. This was purchased from Angelas for a project that never got done.  I only need an 8' length of it to do my small cab project.  I have not rolled it out to see how long the roll is, (Edit: it's 54" wide by 15 feet . I'll be using 27" x 8').  My question is this:  is there a market here to make it worthwhile to hang on to, or should I just send it off to my cabinet builder, and he'll probably issue a credit for the remaining roll against the price of the cabinet. The pieces I see for sale on Reverb are small and pricey; I'm certainly not looking to gouge anybody, but I don't want to get snookered either.  Any wisdom would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 05:36:19 pm by ducatidoc »

Offline Soundmasterg

Re: Fender Sunn tolex
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 06:39:16 pm »
You might want to contact Conrad. He receives a lot of requests for the Sunn tolex, and he has a very limited amount of it left that he is keeping for a project. He might be able to put you in touch with others who have been requesting the tolex and you could make some money on it. You can email him about it...if you need his email, send me a PM.

Greg

Offline ducatidoc

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 01:47:53 pm »
Thanks, Greg. Truth be told, I'm not looking to make money on it, but I wouldn't mind covering my cost. I'm more interested to know if anybody here is looking for some.  If not, I can ship the whole roll off to my cabinet guy for the break-even

Offline Watson

• House Kustoms Guitars and Amps
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 09:40:01 am »
I would definitely be interested in a 5 yard length of the Tolex.  I have a 67 2x15 cabinet for my Sentura II in the process of restoration and would so prefer to use a single piece of the original Tolex to wrap it just as SUNN did originally.  I have smaller pieces left from past projects but not enough to do a full wrap.  I contacted Conrad but he no longer has any for sale.

This is for my own gear, not gear for sale. Please feel free to PM or email me.

steve@housekustoms.com

Offline Soundmasterg

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 12:54:01 pm »
Thanks, Greg. Truth be told, I'm not looking to make money on it, but I wouldn't mind covering my cost. I'm more interested to know if anybody here is looking for some.  If not, I can ship the whole roll off to my cabinet guy for the break-even

In that case I would also be interested in some. I want to make a 200S cabinet and head for myself at some point and having the Sunn tolex would be great. Feel free to PM me or email at soundmasterg at yahoo dot com.

Thanks!

Greg