Author Topic: Why don't you see Vintage Sunn Full stacks?  (Read 5834 times)

Offline fatlizzard

Re: Why don't you see Vintage Sunn Full stacks?
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2009, 07:42:51 pm »

Offline jerryjg

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 11:12:25 am »
awe-effin-some pics of the stacks guys!!

Offline HRobert

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 11:38:33 pm »
I had a Sunn Sentura II amp with dual 230 bottoms ( shorter 2x15 with the 15's offset from the verticle center line) .  I stacked them on their sides - like the picture of John Entwistle - witht the head on top.  I used to have a problem with the head moving around with the speaker vibration - especially after I used Armorall to clean the vinyl.  I solved the problem by using a piece of netted rubber shelf lining like bars use for their glassware.  Stopped any slippage.

Rob

Offline Mike B.

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2009, 11:13:53 pm »
What great pictures in this thread. Thanks for posting the pictures of two of my heroes, Ed--Felix and The Ox! I guess that makes you my hero, too!

Mike

Offline HRobert

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 06:21:52 am »
When I had my Sentura II with two cabinets, I stacked them on their sides ( like the picture of John Entwistle ) with the head on the top.  I solved the head slip problem by first using a small piece of rubber bar netting ( that rubber mesh that bars use to set glasses on ).  The netting worked well for a while but then started to break apart. I then went to a bigger set of rubber feet.

Rob

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2009, 06:22:18 pm »
When I had my Sentura II with two cabinets, I stacked them on their sides ( like the picture of John Entwistle ) with the head on the top.  I solved the head slip problem by first using a small piece of rubber bar netting ( that rubber mesh that bars use to set glasses on ).  The netting worked well for a while but then started to break apart. I then went to a bigger set of rubber feet.

Rob

I have a 2000S cab with K140's that walks heads so badly that I actually used roofing nails to attach rubber furniture cups to the top for the feet on the head to fit in.
Sort of dramatic, but it definitely stopped the problem!