Author Topic: 12" emenince speakers. Anyone know where i can get one?  (Read 1725 times)

Offline coldera

12" emenince speakers. Anyone know where i can get one?
« on: November 04, 2005, 12:25:47 am »
Hi, I have two sunn 4x12 cabs that date to 71 acording to the speaker date codes. In one cab it is missing one of the original speakers. I was wondering if anyone had an extra lying around. It is a silver domed emminence. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Richard

Offline Tom Loizeaux

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 01:18:10 pm »
Do you have the Sunn 4-12 square cabinet or the 4-12 coulmn?
The square "guitar" cabinet will take most any 8 ohm 12" guitar speaker...many of which sound better then the originals.
The column, however, takes a special 12" driver, no lomger available from Eminence...but I do have to have a few of these on hand!

e-mail me at   loizcren@erols.com   if you want more info.

Tom

Offline coldera

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 01:42:00 pm »
Thanks for the reply. Im looking for the speaker to have the silver dust caps. If the column speakers have them i would be interested. How much would you want for one or two. Also it is the box kind of cabinet.

Thanks for the help
Richard

Offline baggman

12" Eminence Speakers...
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 07:17:09 pm »
Have you checked USSpeakers?http://www.usspeaker.com/homepage.htm.
Betabagg

Offline Dennis Bank

Speakers
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 06:03:30 am »
Go to the Weber speaker site. He has JBL D120F clones, They have the Aluminum dust caps you're looking for. He has them with ceramic and alnico magnets. I purchased 3 Michigan 15" speakers and I'm very pleased

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 03:54:31 pm »
Sunn had stopped using JBLs by the time they came out with either the column or square 4x12 cabinets (those are the 412SR and the 412S, respectively). The aluminum dust caps Sunn drivers had have a small black felt circle in the center for venting. The JBLs didn't need that, having a vented pole piece.
Isaac