Author Topic: 1968 200S with Jewel!!!  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Rick

1968 200S with Jewel!!!
« on: January 28, 2000, 08:21:00 pm »
I have what looks to be a perfect condition Sunn 200S head, (alas I don't have the cabinet).  It has the date 7/17/68 written inside on the chassis, as well as the location of the tubes and soforth.

My question is about the face plate.  it is the standard 200S layout, silver grille, black tolex.  But here is the kicker, the logo SUNN and the sun emblem are in black ink, but the 200S is in red ink.  And right next to that is a large red jewel...And right next to that are the three rockers and they are red plastic too.  Is this common?  I have seen a lot of Sunn heads but non with three red rockers and a red jewel, and for that matter the word 200S in red ink.

This is not modded, the amp appears untouched.

Somebody tell me about this amp and I'll tell you about my setup/rig with this amp and how I use it.

Thanks,
Rick G

Anonymous

1968 200S with Jewel!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2000, 09:51:00 pm »
: I have what looks to be a perfect condition Sunn 200S head, (alas I don't have the cabinet).  It has the date 7/17/68 written inside on the chassis, as well as the location of the tubes and soforth.

: My question is about the face plate.  it is the standard 200S layout, silver grille, black tolex.  But here is the kicker, the logo SUNN and the sun emblem are in black ink, but the 200S is in red ink.  And right next to that is a large red jewel...And right next to that are the three rockers and they are red plastic too.  Is this common?  I have seen a lot of Sunn heads but non with three red rockers and a red jewel, and for that matter the word 200S in red ink.

: This is not modded, the amp appears untouched.

: Somebody tell me about this amp and I'll tell you about my setup/rig with this amp and how I use it.

: Thanks,
: Rick G

I looked inside and the red rocker switches look a little bit suspicios the way they are mounted.  And the jewel, eeee gads!! I guess someone put a hole in the facia plate to mount the jewel.

Good thing this amp sounds so damn good.

So how do I use it?  Well I use it for guitar, and I have found that a 1x12 open back cabinet sound killer with this head.  I'm using a Line6 1x12 extension cabinet with a 12" Eminence and it sounds great.  Furthermore, I put the Line6 POD in front of it and this clean obedient head becomes a raging monster.  

Gotta love Sunn.

over and out
Rick

Offline J-man

1968 200S with Jewel!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2000, 11:20:00 pm »

You got a 200S and it came with Jewel? luck you, I'm jealous. I mean, she's not really my favorite performer or anything, but she's not bad - and she's really not bad to look at! Tell us more - do you get to go on tour with her?

I wonder if you can get a 200S with Cindy Crawford....

J.

Offline Rick

1968 200S with Jewel!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2000, 08:06:00 pm »
Okay, okay, who the heck is Jewel?  Is she some modern pop singer?  If she is, then how old are you?  Your supposed to be some old fart like me if you posting in the Sunn forum.

So be nice and I won't tell the rest of the forum that you listen to "Jewel", (who ever that is).

Rick