Author Topic: 2000s you must check this out.  (Read 6746 times)

Offline madaradio

2000s you must check this out.
« on: July 08, 2011, 07:19:26 pm »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230644344101+&clk_rvr_id=246488477657

not mine, this was mentioned on the forum before, but now we can see the pics.  Very, very neat.  Someone who has a whole whack of disposable income buy this and keep it in the box.

what I found really interesting was that the O))) logo is on the box in what I assume it's supposed to really represent.  Neat!

Offline OR120

Re: 2000s you must check this out.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 06:42:18 am »
I know Heath, the guy doing the auction. In fact he beat me to that Orange stack at the Orlando show! Good guy, one of the best and I don't hesitate to buy from him.
   Earlier in the decade (I think) it was Gerald Weber who had a tweed Fender Vibrolux in the box. Wow.
Chip Coleman
Coleman Music
China Grove, NC, 28023
704 857 5705

Offline jetofuj

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 12:14:04 pm »
Far out!

Offline mc2

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 03:09:46 pm »
Yeah...amazing the stuff that turns up. A NOS, sealed in the box 2000S rig. Amazing.

The store got two from the same source. One was not in a box but NOS and had the later Fender/silver grill.

I asked if they could verify which grill cloth was on the one for sale but they said that they have not opened the box to look and would not open of cut a small hole to verify. Too bad.

It is probably the Femder/silver grill but you never can tell for sure without looking in the box.

Offline N2000s

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 08:56:17 am »
I was on the road in Chicago last January and wound up buying the one that was not in the box. The one in the box has a serial# just a hair younger then mine so I think it's highly probable that it also has the silver/fender type grill.
That boxed Sunn is like a time capsual and I'd would love to see it opened!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 12:25:37 pm by N2000s »

Offline warandhairstyle

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 09:24:37 am »
This is the exact amp I posted about in another thread last year:

http://sunn.ampage.org/sdp/index.php/topic,5810.0.html
When life gives you lemons, buy amplifiers.

Offline madaradio

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 09:44:15 am »
This is the exact amp I posted about in another thread last year:

http://sunn.ampage.org/sdp/index.php/topic,5810.0.html

this was mentioned on the forum before, but now we can see the pics.

Don't worry, you got your internet points...

Offline warandhairstyle

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 10:54:19 am »
Do you know where I can redeem my internet points for a ribbon of candy dots?  Just trying to be helpful  :|

Offline Leroy Hazypool

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 04:07:16 pm »
Seing just the boxes is charming ! The lettering/typography, the vintage look, the logo, etc. Because that's something I've never had the chance to see.

I read the description. The amp was in storage. OK. But, as I know pretty well how trade/business/marketing work, I would supect hidden defects. For being that long in storage ! That's only my opinion. I know it exists.

What's your opinion about the price ? Sure, if someone is willing to pay that much, both parts would be satisfied... That's how business works. You have to admit that the seller decides the price he wants because it's NOS. There is no reference to put a price. No more.

Overall, it's a wondeful half stack !

Offline warandhairstyle

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 04:43:46 pm »
What's your opinion about the price ?

Personally I think it's overpriced - and since it's been for sale for about 6 months, anyone who thinks it's fairly priced has obviously not yet put their money where their mouth is.  It's a once-in-a-lifetime collector piece for sure, and to the right guy  it's a bargain.  But whether or not that guy ever materializes, and then pulls the trigger...

re: hidden defects... this store also had a NOS Model T (not in box) and when they fired it up it failed.  The tech discovered that it had been mis-wired at the factory.  This is 2nd hand info (from a friend who works at this shop).  I think the other NOS (not in box) 2000s they had worked OK, and I think that all these NOS amps were acquired together from the same source, including a coliseum that sold to someone on this board.  Capacitors aside, I would think they'd be in decent shape, but the Model T issue is pretty unusual.  I can get more info from my friend at the shop if anyone has specific questions.

Offline Leroy Hazypool

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 05:35:38 pm »
See, I'd rather buy an used amp that appears to be functional for decades. Because it was used and restored. I would be afraid to discover some factory defects.
That said, the half stack for sale might be 100% functional, who knows ?

Offline Leroy Hazypool

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 04:32:14 pm »
The half stack has been relisted so many times and the price has never dropped. On eBay, from a vintage amps store... so ordinary. I mean, come on, make a discount...

Offline soberskipper

• Biased to class O)))
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2011, 08:34:14 pm »
I know Heath, the guy doing the auction. In fact he beat me to that Orange stack at the Orlando show! Good guy, one of the best and I don't hesitate to buy from him.
   Earlier in the decade (I think) it was Gerald Weber who had a tweed Fender Vibrolux in the box. Wow.

How much did that Orange stack go for? I don't think I've ever seen old orange cabs in such good condition  :-o . I had to walk away and just stop thinking about it. I couldn't even talk to them about it. Too poor and mad.

Offline N2000s

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2011, 10:21:07 pm »
 I can get more info from my friend at the shop if anyone has specific questions.

I would love to know where the original shop was located, how rocknroll vintage found them and the back-story on how all these amps could have sat undisturbed all these years?