Author Topic: DOOM & LOUSY BASSIST - 415M Stuff is Uploaded  (Read 3937 times)

Offline Jeff Troy

DOOM & LOUSY BASSIST - 415M Stuff is Uploaded
« on: June 25, 2010, 09:23:15 am »
Hi, Guys,

The measurements and images you asked for were uploaded a few days ago. Don't know if you've seen them.

Go to the second page of the 415M thread below.

Warmest...
759 New Holland Ave.
Lancaster PA 17602
C: 717-917-3670
www.bandmix.com/jefftroy
www.jefftroy.com (under construction)

Offline D(o)))(((o)M

Re: DOOM & LOUSY BASSIST - 415M Stuff is Uploaded
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 11:39:08 pm »
yup got it gonna post pics next week of step by step construction plus a detailed cut list... thanks so much

Offline Jeff Troy

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 11:51:54 am »
Hi, DM,

Be sure to measure carefully and fit each piece before making final cuts. I measured as accurately as I could, but didn't have access to every spot. Many parts, especially the gussets and doubles, will have to be fitted and rimmed as you go.

Also note that the 415M cabinet depth is 18.5 inches. Someone recently posted that it was 18 even. It isn't. It's 18.5.

I'm building right along with you, but not a 415. I needed four floor monitors and posted for measurements. Nobody seemed to have any of these, so I drew them out from the best of my memory - pretty fuzzy after 40 years (I bought them in 1975). I cut all the wood, and I have all the hardware and fasteners. The cabinets have already been glued and screwed together. I just need to route the edges and trim the angle onto the top and bottom face parts before covering them with Tolex from Conrad. My monitors are slightly taller than the originals, but will look good enough to fool me when I'm finished. I'll post pics when I'm closer to done with them. Only real audio difference will be a small tweeter instead of a small horn.

Best of luck with your cab. Let me know if you have a question about anything specific.

Warmest...
759 New Holland Ave.
Lancaster PA 17602
www.bandmix.com/jefftroy

Offline Where's Uranus?

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 07:34:16 am »
Yep sorry, saw it but didn't have time to grab the measurements and pass comment, have done so now.

Thanks again. :-D

Offline Jeff Troy

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 01:41:34 pm »
Best of luck with the build.

Warmest...
759 New Holland Ave.
Lancaster PA 17602
www.bandmix.com/jefftroy

Offline jaywalker

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 04:02:08 pm »
I am interested in building one of these but I don't see a post with the measurements. Are they still posted? Am I blind? :? Someone just gave me two purple frame Magna 158 labeled Eminence alnicos to go with two black ones I already have. I want to mate it with a sec. gen. Model T. Help would be greatly appreciated.
JT

Offline Jeff Troy

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 07:43:15 pm »
Hi, Jay,

It's still there on the second page of this category.

Go to: http://sunn.ampage.org/sdp/index.php/topic,5235.0.html

You might want to check with DOOM before you start cutting. He might be able to tell if or where my drawings or measurements need clarification. I measured carefully, but could not access all the nooks behind the baffles.

Good luck and warmest regards,
759 New Holland Ave.
Lancaster PA 17602
www.bandmix.com/jefftroy