Author Topic: Scepter / Sentura II Difference??  (Read 2201 times)

Offline HRobert

Scepter / Sentura II Difference??
« on: April 01, 2006, 11:59:17 am »
I had a 1967 or 68 Sentura II head that was fantastic.  I've found a Scepter that looks almost Identical. I've been looking at the schematics for the Scepter and the Sentura II.  I can't see any obvious difference between the two heads.  Can anyone enlighten me?

Offline JoeArthur

• Global Moderator
Scepter / Sentura II Difference??
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 01:30:53 pm »
Back in those days the name applied to the "system" and not just the head - meaning it included the speaker cabinet.  I believe the Sceptre was 4-12" and the Sentura was 2-15" JBL D130Fs.

Offline HRobert

Re: Scepter / Sentura II Difference??
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 06:32:36 pm »
Thanks for the information.  I know that the Sentura II that used to own wa a 1967, and that the Scepter came later.  I also noticed that the Scepter has a mid range boost switch, but ten the 68 Sentura also had the mid range boost. I have copies of the schematics for both amps and I can't see the difference.  They both have the same tubes and transformers.  Anyone else know any more differences?

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 04:19:45 pm »
They have different names. The "heads" are the same, as per Joe Arthur's post from '06.

Offline HRobert

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 09:49:57 pm »
Thanks to all for your great information. But I'm still puzzled as to why the Sceptre is rated at 100 watts and the Sentura at 60 watts, when the schematics look the same.  Could it be that the Septre is over rated, or possible the Sentura under rated?

Thanks

Robert 8-)

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 07:29:38 am »
Thanks to all for your great information. But I'm still puzzled as to why the Sceptre is rated at 100 watts and the Sentura at 60 watts, when the schematics look the same.  Could it be that the Septre is over rated, or possible the Sentura under rated?

Thanks

Robert 8-)

That question has been answered. You have two identical threads, pick one and stick with it.
http://sunn.ampage.org/sdp/index.php/topic,4044.0.html

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 03:03:16 pm »
The Sceptre was rated at 60 watts, same as the Sentura II. Where did you hear otherwise?
Isaac