Sunn Musical Equipment > Q & A

Did I Blow My 200s?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Isaac:
Good luck.

Smoothwound:
I went to the amp tech but he was closed. Going again tomorrow. Went to the studio and found the make and model of the monitor. It a,

Crate Ufm-12h Stage Floor Monitor - 100w 8 Ohms

Model   -       UFM-12H
Type     -       Stage/Wedge Monitor
RMS     -       Power100W
Active/Passive     -      Passive

Again, what I did was plug the Sunn into the "Speaker out" 1/4" jack (like always) and took a 1/4" patch cord from "External speaker" too the input on the Crate Monitor.

I changed the tubes with the Sunn Cab. no sound.
I put a multi meter on each JBL D140f's and got 2.5 on each one. ?
I don't have another cab or head to test as you suggested.
The tubes are JJ KT-88's and they look brand new.

fingers crossed.

EdBass:
The good news is that a 200S is a very easy amp for a tech to work on, pretty straightforward and basic. Nothing weird or exotic, even the transformers are available fairly reasonable if either one of those end up being the problem.

Good Luck!

loudthud:
The extension speaker jack is unique in that it has an isolated switch that is activated when a plug is inserted. This switch changes the tap on the output transformer so that the proper load is seen by the output tubes. The contacts of the switch may be corroded if the jack has not been used for a few years. Plugging the monitor into the extension jack may have aggregated the problem. Replacement of the jack is possible, but the part will be hard to find. I believe the proper replacement is the Switchcraft type 13A.

Smoothwound:
That's probably what happened then, as it had not been used for many years. I will pass this along to the amp tech when I bring it in. Thanks!!

David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version