Author Topic: Anyone have any spare Beta Bass pots?  (Read 4345 times)

Offline imgettingcloser

Anyone have any spare Beta Bass pots?
« on: September 16, 2009, 02:46:55 am »
I am looking for the volume level and treble. My plastic tips broke off. I have yet to take the pots off, but I can imagine that they are not a pot that is being made any longer or that can be cross referenced. Let me know if you have any sitting around though. iangabbard@gmail.com

Offline george

Re: Anyone have any spare Beta Bass pots?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 09:27:38 pm »
Okay, you can make your own - just get the correct value potentiometer and solder on the extension leads from suitable material. I've done this on several Beta's. 

Offline Grateful.Ed

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 11:43:12 am »
Okay, you can make your own - just get the correct value potentiometer and solder on the extension leads from suitable material. I've done this on several Beta's. 

I have the same issue with this long lost friend.  Bought it in mid-80's for about $100.  Used it at a friends for jamming for a while and left it there for about 20 years. 

They opened a gear shop down the road from me and I reunited with all.

Would you fill me in a little more?   I also need to find a knob.....ebay?  Thx.

Offline imgettingcloser

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 02:55:35 pm »
Ed, after a lot of research, I haven't been able to find identical or near identical pots for the Beta. To explain, basically a couple thing that's makes these pots unique is that they mount to the PCB board and also, they use half shafts, which are pretty much impossible to find except on older equipment. Most pots I have found are either the knurled type or the whole shafts. You could use the original knobs if you were to get a whole shaft type and trim it somehow. I'm going to be replacing my pots here pretty soon on my Beta Bass. So I will let you know what I am going to end up using as far as pot choice goes soon when I finally decide how much work I actually want to do on this thing.

Offline Grateful.Ed

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 06:36:44 pm »
Thanks so much. 

This is going to be a bit of a project so I may start a thread when I get started.