Author Topic: Summer Namm  (Read 4047 times)

Offline tacklebox455

• meh'
Summer Namm
« on: July 21, 2011, 12:15:48 am »
Summer Namm anyone from the board here going to summer namm in nashville TN?

or the Nashville amp expo thats in august?
1975 Sunn model T
2007Crate Blue voodoo BV 120(mercury magnetics upgraded)
Randall RT 503
Jet City JCA 22H
Creepy fingers harakiri superfuzz
Creepy fingers doomidrive
Earthbound Audio supercollider
Malekko Plus Ultra 213

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
Re: Summer Namm
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 08:47:50 am »
You know you can't just "go" to NAMM, right?
It's a trade show, not open to the public. You have to be a member manufacturer, a legitimate music equipment retailer/distributor or a guest, employee or sponsored artist of one of those two to get a badge that lets you in.

The Nashville Amp Expo is a different thing altogether, it's meant for the public.

Both are great shows, but I probably won't be attending either one this year. I usually go out for the primary NAMM show in Anaheim, it's a lot bigger and it's a good tax deductable excuse for me to visit my homies in So. Cal. in mid winter.
The Nashville amp expo is usually a must go event, it's only a 5 hr drive for me, but this year my "sponsor" is on the fence about exhibiting because the new hours this year are probably a deal breaker;  Fri. 8pm-12am; Sat. 12pm-1am; Sun. 12pm-12am.
That means instead of shutting down his shop Friday afternoon - Monday morning, he would be closed Thursday afternoon - Tuesday morning and he thinks he could probably be more productive keeping the shop open Friday and Monday.
I still might go, as I said IMO it's a great show and Nashville is a great town. I would much rather be paid to go rather than have to pay to go though...  :wink:

Here's a "Where's Waldo?"; there are pictures of me at previous Nashville Amp Expo's on their website. Here's your chance to see what the "man behind the curtain" looks like!  :-D

Offline tacklebox455

• meh'
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 04:06:35 pm »
actually anyone can go into namm the last day of the show its called wanna play music day and itsd open to the public i went last year as well 
1975 Sunn model T
Randall RT 503
Jet City JCA 22H
Malekko Plus Ultra 213

Offline CLD

• Sunn Sorado
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 05:25:29 pm »
Gee, Ed, I kinda thought we'd see you standing next to a giant vacuum tube!  :-D
Sunn since June 1971!
1971 Sorado, 2000S, Coliseum Bass, Coliseum Lead
1970 200S; 1974 Coliseum 880

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 05:30:44 pm »
actually anyone can go into namm the last day of the show its called wanna play music day and itsd open to the public i went last year as well 

That's cool! I didn't know they did that. The last "Little NAMM" I went to was in Indy in '05 and I don't think they did the public thing then, but I was only there the first day. I think it's a good idea, most public guitar  shows are more boutique oriented than mainstream.
Are you going this year?

Offline tacklebox455

• meh'
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 05:32:37 pm »
Yes I am going this saturday as a matter of fact :)
1975 Sunn model T
Randall RT 503
Jet City JCA 22H
Malekko Plus Ultra 213

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 06:15:26 pm »
Gee, Ed, I kinda thought we'd see you standing next to a giant vacuum tube!  :-D

Did you find me? At least I'm around a bunch of tube amps! I had a conversation with "the man" about this year's show about 45 minutes ago, but regretfully it is looking like if I go it will be as attendee this time rather than a participant.
It would be a tight schedule though, I'm going to Vegas, Area 51 (well, very close. It's a long story) and on to LA the weeks before the Nashville Expo weekend so I would be away for a big chunk of August and things have a tendency to get a little "lackadaisical" back at the salt mine when I'm away more than a week at a time...

Offline tacklebox455

• meh'
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 06:23:34 pm »
The nashville amp expo is more than likely gonna be the better show this year I got a bud who's carrying his amps up there swamp works amps. They have a website btw I'm gonna go for the cool the werid and loud lol
1975 Sunn model T
Randall RT 503
Jet City JCA 22H
Malekko Plus Ultra 213

Offline tacklebox455

• meh'
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 08:51:11 pm »
whats real cool about summer namm (some merchants arent so keen to the public day ) is that they dont wanna have to load all this crap back up so yo ucan get some killer deals i'm talking like 50% to 80% off
1975 Sunn model T
Randall RT 503
Jet City JCA 22H
Malekko Plus Ultra 213

Offline tacklebox455

• meh'
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 08:55:26 pm »
You know you can't just "go" to NAMM, right?
It's a trade show, not open to the public. You have to be a member manufacturer, a legitimate music equipment retailer/distributor or a guest, employee or sponsored artist of one of those two to get a badge that lets you in.

The Nashville Amp Expo is a different thing altogether, it's meant for the public.

Both are great shows, but I probably won't be attending either one this year. I usually go out for the primary NAMM show in Anaheim, it's a lot bigger and it's a good tax deductable excuse for me to visit my homies in So. Cal. in mid winter.
The Nashville amp expo is usually a must go event, it's only a 5 hr drive for me, but this year my "sponsor" is on the fence about exhibiting because the new hours this year are probably a deal breaker;  Fri. 8pm-12am; Sat. 12pm-1am; Sun. 12pm-12am.
That means instead of shutting down his shop Friday afternoon - Monday morning, he would be closed Thursday afternoon - Tuesday morning and he thinks he could probably be more productive keeping the shop open Friday and Monday.
I still might go, as I said IMO it's a great show and Nashville is a great town. I would much rather be paid to go rather than have to pay to go though...  :wink:

Here's a "Where's Waldo?"; there are pictures of me at previous Nashville Amp Expo's on their website. Here's your chance to see what the "man behind the curtain" looks like!  :-D

um you in front of the guitars,with kingdom amps,or naylor amps which would be dude with the side burns!
1975 Sunn model T
Randall RT 503
Jet City JCA 22H
Malekko Plus Ultra 213

Offline CLD

• Sunn Sorado
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 06:15:50 am »
There also is an "Ed Murphy" on the NAMM web site (there's a video of him talking about the music publishing business, among other things) but he clearly was an impostor. I didn't see any gear behind him at all, tube or otherwise!
Sunn since June 1971!
1971 Sorado, 2000S, Coliseum Bass, Coliseum Lead
1970 200S; 1974 Coliseum 880