Author Topic: 215BH 80's Cabinet IMPOSSIBLE To Get Into  (Read 3134 times)

Offline greenskyroly

215BH 80's Cabinet IMPOSSIBLE To Get Into
« on: March 22, 2009, 12:17:50 pm »
Hey guys,

the speakers in my 215BH cabinet seemed to have blown out recently and i've been trying everything to get into it and replace the speakers to no avail.

me and my friends have exhausted every way possible, unscrewing every screw and nothing actually leads us inside. we've turned the cabinet on it's front and noticed on the back of the cabinet there is signs that there was a door to get in but it's been sealed? this is really a headache for me, i'm in a band and have a gig coming up and all i want to do is just swap the speakers out.

anyone have any experience with these cabinets? how the heck do we get inside? i really loved the sound this cabinet gave me, and im dying to get it back in commission, please help.

are we nuts and doing something wrong? i'd take pics for ya'll to see the back of the cabinet but i dont think my camera phone would produce great pics...

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
Re: 215BH 80's Cabinet IMPOSSIBLE To Get Into
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 12:45:13 pm »
Hard to say without seeing the cab but chances are the grill comes off the front, either held by screws or snap type fasseners, and you just unscrew the speakers and remove.

Offline greenskyroly

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 12:48:33 pm »
going to head to my friends place in a little bit where we rehearse and keep all our amps and try and take some detailed pics...

as far as i know, the grill is pretty much impossible to remove as well. theres no screws or anthing to get into it from the front either it seems...

thanks for the quick reply and maybe with some pics i can get somewhere with this!  :mrgreen:

Offline cromag

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 04:23:54 pm »
215BH is front loaded i think.  the grills should unscrew from the front.

Offline stanner

• s t a n o s a u r
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 05:08:22 pm »
i gott one of those bigass 215BHs-
its got screws on the front grill so you can get to the spkrs.
never saw any other kind of 215BH
s
AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

Offline Barron_Von_Waldron

• Leroy Waldron
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 04:29:03 am »
I think I know what you are talking about.  Is it the one were you can't even see the speakers? if so the side with the handle is the party you take off.  just usnscrew all them screws and it will give you access to the speakers.  I was going to buy one a couple months ago and the guy opened it up for me.