Author Topic: sunn sceptre questions  (Read 2088 times)

Anonymous

sunn sceptre questions
« on: June 21, 2003, 10:56:13 am »
hello all
i picked up a early 70's sunn sceptre, playing a fender pbass through it, it sounds quite nice, but i am not sure what some of the knobs do and i was wondering if maybe someone here could shed some light on it.  

the knobs are the depth, contour, and rate knobs...  i'm not sure if they're related to the reverb or not (which i have turned off), but when i turn them up/down, i can't tell a difference in the sound.  this could also be because they could not be working...but i just want to know what they should be doing before i jump to conclusions.

thanks much.

Offline Bill Matthews

sunn sceptre questions
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2003, 08:06:31 pm »
The contour knob is more or less a presence control.  In a matter of speaking it just adds a little bit of sizzle to the mix.  The other 2 knobs are for the vibrato.  The rate is to adjust how fast the vibrato will be, and the depth is used to adjust how much vibrato you want.  You will only be able to make the vibrato work if you plug an RCA jack into the footswitch socket, and ground it together.  Good luck...
May ALL your days be SUNN-Y days

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
sunn sceptre questions
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2003, 06:36:20 pm »
Also, the Sceptre is a guitar amp. You can't possibly use it for bass. Send it to me immediately, before it damages your Pbass.

Time is of the essence!
Isaac

Offline speddling

• http://www.hartsafire.com
sunn sceptre questions
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2003, 01:58:52 am »
I'm also running a Sceptre for bass.  Works nicely for me... thou I'm still hunting for the right cabinet to set it on.

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
Doesn't anyone recognize humor anymore?
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2003, 10:07:18 am »
How much more obvious could I be that I was making a joke? The amp could damage the Pbass? Come on!

Speddling, you should have backed me, and said, "No need to ship it to Isaac. I'm in NJ, I can pick it up!"
Isaac

Offline speddling

• http://www.hartsafire.com
Re: Doesn't anyone recognize humor anymore?
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2003, 04:35:54 pm »
Quote from: Isaac
How much more obvious could I be that I was making a joke? The amp could damage the Pbass? Come on!

Speddling, you should have backed me, and said, "No need to ship it to Isaac. I'm in NJ, I can pick it up!"

:-?   Doh!  sorry for messing that one up... I'll try and stay alert the next time  :wink:

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
sunn sceptre questions
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2003, 01:21:13 pm »
Ah, that's okay. There really are people out there ignorant and/or stupid enough to believe things like that, so I guess I can't complain too much if you thought I might be one of them. After all, you don't know me.
Isaac