Author Topic: Selling 3 Beta amps (in one custom case)!!!  (Read 4729 times)

Offline AaronEdge

Selling 3 Beta amps (in one custom case)!!!
« on: April 24, 2007, 01:24:47 pm »
Came here before going to Ebay:

Selling 3 Beta amps (in one custom case)!!!
http://a71.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/50/l_6a79edb0862de950903ff64b1efe2a96.jpg
http://a948.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/59/l_96ac0569274e0668993d2ad52d59b94b.jpg

Each amp in this case is rated at 100 Watts and runs at 4 Ohms... each unit works very well. The only difference between the top two Beta Bass amps and the Beta Lead on the bottom is that the third one has reverb. Serial numbers available upon request.

There are no tears or rips in the tolex of the custom-built case, though the front and back face plates of the amps have some scratches and old markings on them (from different touring settings, etc). A few knobs have been replaced. The whole thing is heavy enough that it takes two to lift it up on a full stack of two 4x12 cabs, but light enough to load into and outta' a tour van by yerself (or on top of a single cab).

I was running each one of these units into a separate 4x12 speaker cab via a y-cable splitter into the top two amps... the third amp had a signal pre amp "in" from the unit above it. Make sense? So, you can use these all at once with different volume and EQ settings with different cabs OR three different people can use this stack at the same time!

I have played in some REALLY loud bands, these things did well. You will most likely not need to play these with volume knobs set above 2... they are that loud. These amps sound great as bass amps too, not just guitar.

The Drive control will take the sound from country clean to a wall of distortion. The control operates smoothly and doesn't jump from clean to dirty. If you need more distortion, I suggest Big Muffs, as they sound sweet with these amps.

The back panel of each Beta amp has the power cord, fuse holder, the connector for a foot switch (which I do not have) and two parallel speaker output jacks (per unit). The amps are rated for a minimum of 4 ohms. If you are using both speaker jacks (with two cabs) make sure each cabinet is 8 ohms or higher.

The "To Accessory" jack can be used as a pre amp out - to feed another power amp (as I have with the lower, third unit). The "From Accessory" jack can be used as a power amp input, and it does disconnect the internal pre amp. There are also separate accessory jacks for each of the channels. These open up the possibility of connecting different external effect units to each channel. Overall, lots of plug and play capability with this amplifier.

$1500 or best offer!!!

I DO NOT SHIP OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES. PAYPAL OR CASH ONLY.

Thanx Sunn community!!!

Offline feel the sunn

Re: Selling 3 Beta amps (in one custom case)!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 02:04:15 pm »
damn aaron, getting away from the betas huh?  being a devoted beta user myself, i'm wondering what amp you found to make you switch. 
i'd love to get the basses if you ever seperate them.

Offline AaronEdge

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 02:11:45 pm »
damn aaron, getting away from the betas huh?  being a devoted beta user myself, i'm wondering what amp you found to make you switch. 
i'd love to get the basses if you ever seperate them.

-- i am tired of running pedals in front of amps, so i'm going tube for my guitar gain and poweer now... not sure what amp to buy, maybe a soldano. i still have another beta lead and a 5150 to hold me over.

-- i won't ever sell the amps separately, the case is too freakin' cool.

: )

Offline feel the sunn

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 02:55:08 pm »
the case is too freakin' cool.

yes, it is. 

Offline AaronEdge

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 12:00:02 pm »
-- The cased Sunn amps sold for $1400 a few days ago to an exicted metal bass player in Seattle...