Author Topic: Boris  (Read 6462 times)

Offline greatcop73

Boris
« on: June 29, 2008, 12:26:43 pm »
I saw Boris last night. 

Offline Reeps

Re: Boris
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 03:45:50 pm »
Nice!! How was the show?? Was it with Torche and Clouds opening? If you've got any more pics I'd love to see em!

Offline greatcop73

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 05:25:39 pm »
It was badass.  Torche rocked balls. I didn't get there early enough to see Clouds.  I video taped Boris on youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLIHdWeLhLo

Offline Reeps

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 07:15:32 pm »
Oh man, that's insane! I'd love to see them, every time they are near, they aren't near enough or I can't make it.... some day! Torche's latest album rocks hard, just wish it was a little longer... I haven't heard Boris' Smile yet though, any good?

Thanks for the video, and the stars of the lid video as well! (found it in your youtube profile)

Offline stanner

• s t a n o s a u r
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 08:04:00 pm »
great vid that!!
lov that version of BORIS also-
Michio Kurihara on guitar is so badass!
i see them each time they come thru sanfran and this last tour was killer. they played @ AMOEBA  in store and the db level was huge.
Kurihara plays in the band GHOST and it was so good to see him w/ these guys.
AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

Offline Reeps

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 09:12:27 pm »
He's got such a crazy soloing style, I love it, for some reason I get some old Santana vibes at times...  So here's my question, at a record store gig, doesn't stuff just rattle off the shelves? I've seen short clips of them playing at Amoeba before and it seems like there'd be a huge pile of stuff to clean up afterwords! Pretty sweet though!

Offline xsolarusx

• Black Faxes
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 10:21:47 pm »
I actually saw Cursed at the Sonic Boom instore here in Toronto(just prior to the Euro tour that ended them), and no, nothing got rocked off the shelves.  Surprising, since if you've ever seen Cursed, you know how loud they play.

That being said, Boris is playing Toronto soon, and tickets are sold-out.  Christ, I need to get on that ASAP.
(2) 73 1st Gen Model T
Late 70's Marshall JCM 800 1960B cab

Offline kineticturtle

• Falls Protocol
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 10:24:29 am »
Hey, I was at the Amoeba in store show... right in front! Here's a few crappy cell phone photos:

Note the Matamp head, which I didn't even see until after the show because it was tucked behind the Celtic section!
Also note the reinforcement ring on the bass drum resonant head that came off somewhere around the middle of the set.
Also of course, I guess Amoeba just wasn't quite big enough for FOUR model Ts, so he scaled down to three.

Offline greatcop73

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 12:53:03 pm »
What kind of Orange head was she using? I couldn't tell from my vantage point.

Offline kineticturtle

• Falls Protocol
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 08:23:44 am »
A Rockverb 100.

Offline HRobert

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 09:58:08 pm »
Look at the old Vistalite drum that the band has.  I haven't seen a set of those since my old drummer in the 70's had a 7 piece set of them.

Offline HRobert

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 10:00:05 pm »
Is there 4 Model T amps in that one picture???  Enough power to bring down a good sized wall or two.

Offline kineticturtle

• Falls Protocol
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 07:55:41 pm »
Is there 4 Model T amps in that one picture???  Enough power to bring down a good sized wall or two.
I think two of them are actually supposed to be backups; there's only three cabs total, and one of them has an ampeg amp to power it, but the cabs could also be set up stereo.

Look at the old Vistalite drum that the band has.  I haven't seen a set of those since my old drummer in the 70's had a 7 piece set of them.
I've seen photos of them on the same tour in different countries, so I think they rented it when they came to the US. Either way, it's a good match for their new semi-glam image...

Offline absolutego

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 01:15:00 pm »
boris i the reason i love sunn amps.