Author Topic: Beta Bass 115- power supply problem  (Read 1097 times)

Sandra

Beta Bass 115- power supply problem
« on: May 23, 2004, 05:21:27 pm »
Hi everybody,

I bought a Sunn Beta Bass 115. It's a combo with 2 channels (normally sold with a footswitch to use A; B channels or both) and two 15' speakers.
Unfortunately the power supply "burnt". It has 6 outputs.
It seems impossible to find the reference of this power supply; of course Fender seems unabble to answer me.
May you help me?
I found on this site some brochures, but I cannot find the reference of the power supply.
Does somebody know it? Does somebody know who's abble to offer me this kind of power supply?
I do thank you for your help.
Regards from France
Sandra
PC: If you've got some brochures or any information on this amp, I would be grateful if you'd send it to me or give an address.

Offline Don T.

Beta Bass 115- power supply problem
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 08:25:52 pm »
Hello Sandra,
 To what are refering when you say "power supply." The Beta amp is a simple Transformer > rectifier > filter cap supply. If the internal fuses are blown chances are you have poped an output transistor, filter cap or protection diode. Especially if it blows quick. If the external fuse is blown your transformer, switch / pop cap and/or rectifier might be bad. There are only 4 output transistors, the other 2 are the pre-drivers. The schematics are located on this site in the service manual area. Check your voltages at the fuse holders with the fuses out. If they have no AC ripple and are at + - 47V then all is well with the power supply.
Don T.

If it's too loud, you're too old.