Author Topic: "67" Sentura II Finished  (Read 8492 times)

Offline CLD

• Sunn Sorado
Re: "67" Sentura II Finished
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 08:45:34 pm »
How about sneaking into the baseball stadium next time the Brewers are out of town?  :-D
Sunn since June 1971!
1971 Sorado, 2000S, Coliseum Bass, Coliseum Lead
1970 200S; 1974 Coliseum 880

Offline HRobert

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2010, 06:06:02 pm »
How about sneaking into the baseball stadium next time the Brewers are out of town?  :-D

Tooo much glass to replace if I break something :-D

Offline D.M.N.

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2010, 11:25:10 pm »
Maybe this is a stupid question, but here it goes:
How are the speakers in each cab wired up? In the first pic, I see that the individual speakers are hooked up to each other, with positive to positive, and neg  to neg?  I'm pretty n00b to these sort of things, but that doesn't seem to be series or parallel. The next question is where to they hook up to the external jack, the wires appear to dead end.

'Course, I could be an idiot, and those could just not be wired up yet.....That's probably the case, huh?

My other question is, I'm not sure whether these cabs were restorations, or scratch builds, but if they were scratch builds, where did you find the external jack cups? The telecaster style ones. I've searched and searched and cannot find them anywhere for my build!

One last thing: What type of screws are used for the back of these cabinets? It looks like they have some sort of sleeve. Any info would be great.

Anyways, these are absolute beauties! Love the whole setup.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 11:34:30 pm by D.M.N. »
House of the Rising Sunn........
-----------------------------------
1969 2000s
1972 2000s
1970 1200s
1968 1000s
1969 200s
2010 2000s DIY 2x15
1971 2000s 2x15
1969 2000s 2x15
1972 2000s 2x15
1968 1000s 2x15
1970 1200s 6x12

Offline HRobert

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 08:27:12 am »
Maybe this is a stupid question, but here it goes:
How are the speakers in each cab wired up? In the first pic, I see that the individual speakers are hooked up to each other, with positive to positive, and neg  to neg?  I'm pretty n00b to these sort of things, but that doesn't seem to be series or parallel. The next question is where to they hook up to the external jack, the wires appear to dead end.

'Course, I could be an idiot, and those could just not be wired up yet.....That's probably the case, huh?

My other question is, I'm not sure whether these cabs were restorations, or scratch builds, but if they were scratch builds, where did you find the external jack cups? The telecaster style ones. I've searched and searched and cannot find them anywhere for my build!

One last thing: What type of screws are used for the back of these cabinets? It looks like they have some sort of sleeve. Any info would be great.

Anyways, these are absolute beauties! Love the whole setup.

First of all, thanks for the complement.  I'll try to address your questions in the same order as posed.

The cabs are scratch built. (Check out my other Sentura II posts to see other pictures).  I used 11 ply birch plywood throughout - sides, backs, and baffles.

The speakers are wired in parellel + to + and - to -.  The speakers are 8 ohms so each cab has a 4 ohm load.  The JBL's have spring post connecters for the wires so no soldering is needed at the speaker. The lead wires are soldered to the input jacks so with the backs off they didn't show.

The Fender style "jack cups" are from a company called Parts-Is-Parts. Check out their web site for all the items that they carry.  When I bought the cups they were $6.00 a pair.

Lastly, the screws for the back of the cabinets are stainless steel oval head phillips screws with nickle plated cup washers.  All the screws used in building the cabinets and attaching the the baffle board to the frames, along with the hex bolts for the casters, are zinc plated steel.  The rest of building hardware - T-nuts, bolts for the handles and speakers, chassis bolts, and corner screws are all stainless steel.  The cabinet corners were purchased from Conrad Sundholm.

Thanks for looking at my post.
Rob
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 08:34:13 am by HRobert »