Author Topic: Jatun  (Read 2193 times)

Offline biltmore

• The Sound Choice
Jatun
« on: April 05, 2010, 05:25:33 pm »
I'm betting that 99.9% of the people here won't like this stuff, but hey ... it's worth a shot. Jatun is my band, and I use quite a bit of Sunn equipment:

100S, A212, alpha 212r, Coliseum Keyboard, and a Sorado.

The material is a mix of many genre's: shoegaze, ambient, electronica, and post-rock. All you doom & drone guys on here will probably like the Improv tracks.

http://www.myspace.com/jatun

Offline John Matrix

• Art Things
Re: Jatun
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 10:10:46 pm »
well I liked it!
http://archradish.blogspot.com

Beta Lead 212, Concert Lead into a 412L, Schecter Tempest Classic

Offline doomedfuzz

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 08:11:30 am »
I'll check it out after work for sure! How do you like that A212? I have a chance to buy a really clean one.

Offline biltmore

• The Sound Choice
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 11:55:23 am »
d.towel, nice!!

Did you ever get my reply on MySpace doomedfuzz? I love the A212, it's a pretty versatile amplifier. There's TONS of different tonal options to be had, as the second channel has a 3-way mid frequency selector switch .. so you can dial in your mids where you like. It's a great option, no doubt about it. If you do get it, your tech should look at replacing one of the opamps in there with a newer one ... I think it was on the second channel?? The newer opamp made the reverb sound better. Also, you'll probably want to replace the stock reverb tank, as it's *okay* ... but not that great. It was also positioned in a strange spot too, on the back baffle. It was getting some noise from the amp in that position, but when my tech laid it down on the bottom of the amp the noise disappeared. I never really took into consideration that the placement of the reverb tank was such a big deal, and that it can attract noise from your amp if it's in the wrong spot.