Author Topic: How do i Tell if its pre fender or not?  (Read 1212 times)

Noah

How do i Tell if its pre fender or not?
« on: December 23, 2005, 03:58:41 pm »
Hi everyone my local music store has a Sunn0))) model T half stack and im wondering how to tell if its pre frender or post frender

Thanks.
Noah.

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 04:54:29 pm »
The Sunn Model T and the Fender Model T are completely different animals. The Sunn was one channel, with independent normal and bright inputs, volumes for each, then bass, midrange, treble, presence, and master volume. Power tubes were four 6550s. The Fender Model T has two independent channels, and is powered by four 6L6s.

The quickest way, though, is to look at the inputs. The Sunn has a Normal input, a Bright input, and a Both input connected to both Bright and Normal. Below the inputs are two Out jacks for connecting to another amp. The Fender has one, and only one, input jack.
Isaac

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 06:17:03 pm »
Thank you I will call up my music store tomorrow and ask him how many chanles it has. hwo big is teh difence sound wise from fender and not fender.

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 06:22:52 pm »
I have no idea. I have never heard the Fender. Instead of asking about channels, I'd ask about input jacks. The person you talk to on the phone might confuse the Bright and Normal inputs with separate channels, but there's no mistaking how many input jacks there are.
Isaac