Author Topic: Sunn Alpha 112R ?!?!?  (Read 6746 times)

Offline smellytounge

Sunn Alpha 112R ?!?!?
« on: June 21, 2008, 11:40:58 am »
How should I pay for a Sunn Alpha 112R ??
Also are there any technical problems I should worry about with this amp ??

Thanks

Offline stanner

• s t a n o s a u r
Re: Sunn Alpha 112R ?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 04:40:09 pm »
i dont understand the question.
1. pay w/ money
2. which particular amp?
there are always technical issues w/ any vintage amplifier
AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

Offline smellytounge

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 04:12:58 pm »
Sorry I meant How much should I pay for a Sunn ALPHA 112R combo ??

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 08:09:49 pm »
That's an easy one. Just pay more than anybody else who wants it;
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sunn-Alpha-212R-Guitar-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ250262002213QQihZ015QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
 :wink:
If you have your eye on a different one, as with any gear my advice is that you pay as little as possible.

Offline djc

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 03:27:00 pm »
smelly, you'd probably get more mileage (maybe not) if you asked a more specific question like:
"EdBass, how much would you pay for..."
this brings it into the realm of opinion but you are open to shots :-D

It's like I would pay a lot for a 2000s right now because I don't have one and I really want one.  but my wife would kill me and my children go hungry.  so I'm not even willing to put a price on it (probably around $1500 or $1800 if I could find one near in mint shape that wouldn't have to be shipped.)  I'd probably pay too much and may have some offers.  of course if I could get one for $300, you bet I'd be there, along with everyone else from this forum. 

what's it worth?  to me a lot. to somebody that has three of them, maybe not as much.

I offered my friend $1000 for his sonaro.  it was the first Sunn I heard and it was the sound I was looking for.  he wouldn't sell.  I got my 200s for $600.  at the time I paid too much, but it was the sound I had been searching for.  now I just want more horse power.

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 07:43:44 pm »
what's it worth?  to me a lot. to somebody that has three of them, maybe not as much.

This statement probably summarizes my position on used gear better than anything I could post. In a perfect world, the two personas described above would meet, and EVERYBODY goes home happy.
The amount that changes hands in that scenario would be exactly what that particular 2000S was "worth"; any other speculating is merely idle chatter.