Author Topic: 1 18' sunn cab  (Read 1635 times)

kityluvstigr

1 18' sunn cab
« on: December 26, 2002, 10:16:14 pm »
Hi,

I just recently purchased a used Sunn bass cabinet and I noticed that the speaker inside was Cerwin Vega. Huh? I thought Sunn used only used JBL speakers. The sound is really nice though. I was wondering if this was a manufactured piece from Sunn. There is a metal label on the back with serial number. wattage and ohm..it also says Cerwin Vega..
If anyone has a clue to all this please send some info my way..i would gladly appreciate it. I would also like to know how old the cabinet is..what is the best way to go about this?

Thanks,
Kityluvstigr

Offline coliseumboy

1 18' sunn cab
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2002, 07:51:41 pm »
YES those are the origional Speakers. I own two of the cabs and matching head, which is the Coliseum 880 amp. Mine dates back to 1971. The ones that I have don't have the wattage printed on the label. What kind of grill cloth does yours have? It is incredible how much treble those 1x18" cabs have for being 18s, their is no woof.

kityluvstigr

1 18' sunn cab
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2002, 09:43:19 pm »
wow, thanks for the input. Well, let's see...the grill cloth is silver...with maybe a blue-ish tint. It is definitely the original grill cloth though. I have been reading up on it. The grill cloth isn't really that beat up..only in one spot. Yeah, I was amazed at how great and clear the cabinet sounded. You are right, there is no woof. Did you get your amp as a package or did you piece it together. I would like to find the Coliseum 880 head but I don't think it is going to be easy.

Offline bcomnes

I enjoy old Sunn stuff, tube and solid state, I have a Concert Bass, Concert slave, 1200s (4X6550, dual rectifier) Concert PA, Studio PA, and an old Acoustic 360 2X15 cab but with Sunn Speakers)

Rock On!!