Author Topic: +Need info on recently purchased used Coliseum hea  (Read 1706 times)

Offline Jeff

+Need info on recently purchased used Coliseum hea
« on: June 13, 2000, 04:54:00 am »
I just purchased a used Sunn Coliseum 300 watt bass head.  I'm guessing it was made in the early 80's because it was built by the Hartzell Co. in Tualatin, OR., but I'm not sure.  The serial number is K33090 for anyone who is a Sunn expert out there.  Any informaton is appreciated.

Offline Sam Carlson

+Need info on recently purchased used Coliseum hea
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2001, 03:11:00 pm »
Jeff, I can't tell from the SN (cause I'm no expert on that), but you can open up the head and look for dated inspection stamps.  The Coliseum opens up fairly easy and it would give you a good chance to get all the dust and cobbwebs out of it.  I have a solid state Sunn Coliseum Bass head that dated '73 by checking the inspection and acceptance stamps, and a SUNN Concert head from '71.  I'm still trying to date my minty Sonic 1'40.  I just haven't had the desire to tear it apart yet while it functions so well and is still clean.  

If anyone knows where I can get a compatible switch for the Concert Bass head to switch from clear to distortion and back again, please let me know.