Author Topic: Who of you is the "Great Sunn Wizzard" out there???  (Read 1822 times)

Offline NewZealander

Who of you is the "Great Sunn Wizzard" out there???
« on: July 07, 2008, 07:18:05 pm »
HELP Please!!! I still can't find a model number of my Sunn "Session Man" amp, so I can get the schematic on-line at www.sunnamps.com.  Can anyone even guess the series of it compared to the couple of dozen models shown at the end of that website?  Please give it a shot if you can oh Great Sunn Wizzard.  Hey folks, I am trying to change my settings, so if you can't respond please just email me directly at jerry.larason@ihug.co.nz.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 07:33:48 pm by NewZealander »

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
Re: Who of you is the "Great Sunn Wizzard" out there???
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 09:00:02 pm »
It's a new one on me, I've never even heard of a Sunn "Session Man". Got any pics of the back?

Offline mckinnon audio

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 09:07:00 pm »
  Hi there,I think what you have there is a Canadian made Garnet Session Man that someone has put a Sunn badge on.The knobs and the silkscreen look like Garnet to me,also look at the Robertson screws holding on the grill and the white piping around the grill,both Garnet trademarks.Get on the Garnet site and I think you'll find your amp,good luck Mel.

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 01:27:44 pm »
+1 on the Garnet connection. The tolex isn't right and the Sunn badge is pre-mid 69 with missing screws. Garnet amps have CSA approval. Kinda like Canadian UL. The number by the CSA logo is the same on all Garnet amps. Check that.

Offline NewZealander

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 05:36:31 pm »
Hey thanks guys, I think you are on to something, I'll check it out and seriously if you ever get to ChristchurchNew Zealand, I'll put you up in our guest house.  Keep my email: jerry.larason@ihug.co.nz

Cheers mates!!!