Author Topic: 0-10 knobs  (Read 1564 times)

Offline madaradio

0-10 knobs
« on: November 25, 2014, 07:48:33 pm »
I know they aren't made anymore, save a custom order in bulk.  Is there anyone else on the forum that would be willing in going on an order so we can finally match, or replace those ever elusive 0-10's!!!!  Any interest out there?

also, anyone know the contact info for the manufacturer?  I did a search and couldn't find anything.  Rogan out of Chicago right?
never mind, found it!
p.s.
unless someone has 7 knobs they would be willing to sell?  Let me know, thanks!

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
Re: 0-10 knobs
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 08:19:26 pm »
My info says: Rogan Corp. 3455 Woodhead Drive, Northbrook, IL 60062-1814. 1-800-423-1543. www.rogancorp.com

When I inquired they wanted $500 for a custom die to print the numbers. One of the members here paid the tooling and ordered some parts. Minimum order 1000 pieces. Look in the Classified area and on ebay.

Some years ago I found some knobs at an old electronic surplus store. It was the kind where they dismantled old equipment and sold it as scrap or parts. There was a big box of old knobs. You could find many things like a knob for a 50's Telecaster pickup switch. The only difference was that the set screw was between 5 and 6 instead of 0 and 10. Most of those stores are gone now but there might be one near you.

Offline madaradio

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 08:56:38 pm »
thanks fr the info.  I wonder if the forum member still has access to the die?  Im sure they (or rogan) still have it.  Perhaps he could allow us to use if for a fee?

It was george right?

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 08:43:51 am »
George is the member that had them made, I bought some and they are dead on the vintage ones except brand spankin' new.
This is the original thread;

http://sunnforum.ampage.org/index.php/topic,3997.0.html

I looked and george was on the forum in October, I don't know if he has any left but his email is in the thread.