Author Topic: Model T reissue headshell specs  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Blown_Petals

Model T reissue headshell specs
« on: January 21, 2021, 12:11:31 pm »
Hi all,
I'm new here. I recently acquired a 1998 Model T reissue (Fender Sunn) but unfortunately it was damaged in transit and the headshell was broken.
I'd like to source a replacement headshell and I'm wondering if the dimensions are spec'd anywhere? I'm not certain that the 1990s Fender reissues were the exact same dimensions as the original Model Ts...
I checked the Fender site but the Model T spec there doesn't include the exact cabinet dimensions and hole placements where the screws secure the amp to the cabinet.
Does anyone here have that info by any chance?
Or know someone who makes replica shells for the Model T reissue?
Thanks in advance!

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
Re: Model T reissue headshell specs
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 09:56:55 am »
Good luck!

I've never seen the "reissue" up close, so can't really help you there. It seems to me that, by measuring the chassis, you could determine the minimum size necessary to contain it. The only holes I can think of with critical locations would be those for the screws holding the chassis to the shell. Should be doable.
Isaac

Offline Blown_Petals

Re: Model T reissue headshell specs
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 12:45:35 pm »
Thanks very much for the reply Isaac.
You're absolutely correct - the crux holes are the four in the bottom of the headshell that secure the chassis inside.
The others don't need to be as precise (i.e., for the rubber feet and handles, and then holes on the inner posts for front and back grills).
I'm super stoked to crank her up! Cheers