Author Topic: question  (Read 1504 times)

stephen

question
« on: March 22, 2003, 03:18:38 pm »
Ok i have a Fender cyber twin i was trying to sell , and a guy showed me his Sunn amp and offered if i wanted to trade. Its a Sunn Concert lead Head with a Sunn cabnet with 4x10s. I dont know much about Sunn amps, but played it and it sounded great. I just wanna know what a fair deal would be, should i be getting some cash in return? any help in this matter is greatly appreciated i just wanna get ripped off. thanx

Anonymous

question
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2003, 04:02:00 pm »
Shit, that dude is ripping HIMSELF off--trading Sunn for Fender??  Jump on that deal and welcome to our world, Stephen!

-Ryan

Anonymous

question
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2003, 04:03:36 pm »
so you think i should just trade strait up? i was just a little weary cause i speant sooo much money on that cyber twin. Thanx alot

Hop

question
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2003, 04:51:57 pm »
That cyber looks to go around $,1300 new.  The concert lead head is probably worth $200-$300 give or take. The 610 cabinet, mmm, mabey a few hundred.  That would make it cyber twin $1300 vs. sunn set-up $600.  I would definetly seek some cash with the trade.  At lease a few hundred bucks.  Keep in mind, sometimes you pay a crap load for an amp that you realize can't even stand next to a relic Sunn.  It's not just the price tag but the tone that counts.

H-

stephen

question
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2003, 05:03:55 pm »
Well i tried to get some cash out of it but he said no. He threw in a new pa system and a couple of new 12in. speakers and a pedal, so i think im gonna do it. But yeah that cyber twin was expensive but it sucked . The Sunn amp that im getting back is awesome it just blows that fender away. So it looks like im just gonna have to take the loss.

Hop

question
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2003, 04:54:45 am »
Go for it and don't look back.  The cyber probably sounds sterile next to the sunn.  I too have spent unecessary cash on "new -state of the art equipment" only later to realize that the vintage Sunn stuff can be acquired for a lot less and sounds much more organic/natural.  That's life - hind sight is always 20/20 - but we live an learn.  No biggie.

Hop