Author Topic: Double R Barr  (Read 2540 times)

Offline Sparks

• Sucker for Tubes
Double R Barr
« on: December 03, 2008, 02:21:39 pm »
With RR BARR Country Band I like to use my 1969 Sunn 2000S with my Ampeg SVCPL rack mounted Preamp on smaller stages.

Double R Barr's guitar player A/B's between his 1967 Sunn Sonaro and Gibson Gold Tone.

Playing bass as a "Hired Gun" demands a flexible sound. I like the Sunn 2000S. Its great in a Blues or Jazz room as well as country or Rock music. Its great for that Classic Rock sound on a small stage.

In my home studio many drop in guitar players plug into my 1968 Sunn 1000s. It sounds great through a 4 X 12 cab. They use there guitar's volume control to change from clean to absolute balls to the walls dynamic.

RRBARR Website http://www.rrbarr.com/rrbarr/index.html

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
Re: Double R Barr
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 11:02:47 am »
Playing bass as a "Hired Gun" demands a flexible sound. I like the Sunn 2000S. Its great in a Blues or Jazz room as well as country or Rock music. Its great for that Classic Rock sound on a small stage.

+1
As with any job, to do it right you need the proper tools. The 2000S is a great multitasker of an amp, with the possible exception of full on tube grind at low to moderate small venue levels.
Luckily, there's also a 200S!