Author Topic: Eliphas My Master  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Jonathyn

Eliphas My Master
« on: January 03, 2010, 09:49:36 am »
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81lyi29PP-E

I used my '69 Sunn Sceptre on this recording. Some guitar parts played with my Vintage VHE100CS with custom volume and tone knobs and some with an Ibanez SA120. Me and a friend produced this track over the internet btw. And I'm sure some guitar tracks were done with Amplitube 2 (Gasp!) through Adobe Audition also. The audio quality isn't fantastic on Youtube, so if you want to hear it in better quality PM me and I'll get the track to you. Ah well, haha! I made the video also. Hope you like it!

:)
1969 Sunn Sceptre w/ GT6550
Modern Laney 4x12 with replacement Sunn logo

Offline Jonathyn

Re: Eliphas My Master
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 02:28:45 pm »
I just got my Sceptre and cab back from my dad's garage, where it's been for the last 10 weeks, roughly. So pleased to have it back, and glad I didn't sell the cab after all. I was gonna buy a 2x12 with the money, but, turns out, my amp doesn't look that big in this new apartment of mine cos of the size of the room it's in. Fired it up this afternoon, sounds immense as usual. I can't believe I tried to sell this thing! Sunn amps are truly great, and I'm keeping the ones I got! There must be a very tiny amount of Sunn amps in this country (England), and I am proud to be one of the owners. Sounds overly fanatical eh? haha...

Anyone got a Beta Lead head for sale btw?  :wink:

Offline chev

• feel the tone!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 09:37:23 am »
yeah man sounds good!

once you've tried a Sunn amp, you become fanatic! at least I am...! :evil:

I'll pm you...
Sunn Model T 1st gen+Sunn 215s+Sunn 412s, Sunn Beta Bass+Sunn 215+Sunn Coliseum Slave+2 x Sunn 115

Offline Jonathyn

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 02:23:51 pm »
I'm going to be recording a demo for Eliphas My Master before xmas, entitled "Longanimity". I will be using my Sceptre of course. The demo will be going to many labels, friends, and it will be distributed on the internet. I'll post again when it's all recorded within the coming months.
 The aim of the demo is to try and get some backing from a label for recording an album when my drummer comes to visit England next year for the rehearsals and the recording sessions.
 PM me after I let you all know the demo is done and I'll get the tracks to you. Thanks for reading.

:)