Author Topic: Sunn 1000S  (Read 3606 times)

Offline mrfrigg

Sunn 1000S
« on: December 04, 2005, 09:40:37 pm »
Hi,

I have a Sunn 1000S.  I am the original owner... I think I bought it sometime around 1967 or 1968.  The amp was on the road for quite a few years, and definately looks very used, but still seems to work fine.  I lent it out, and it came back a couple of years later without the horn (which I am trying to locate a replacement).  It has been in the basement for the last 10 years or so and I just wiped it down and fired it up.

Can anyone give me an idea of what it might be worth and/or the demand for this vintage piece?  I am considering selling it.

When I was using it, I know I couldn't find anything else to comare... and I tried since it was so huge to haul around.  I just couldn't find anything that sounded anywhere near as good.

Thank you all for your time.

Michael

Offline Sunny

Sunn 1000S
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 05:05:36 pm »
Do you have a photo  of the amp and the cabinet. Do you have a two 15 and horn?

Offline mrfrigg

Sunn 1000S
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 07:14:27 pm »
I lent it to a friend to try in his studio.  I will see if he will take a couple of photos.  

It has the two 15's, but I lent it to someone several years ago and when it came back, the horn was missing... (just discovered that recently).  They installed a plate where the horn should be.  I started looking for a horn, but got busy with other stuff.

After looking at sample photos, it actually doesn't look so bad.  There's no rust or anything like that.  Comparatively, it looks pretty good... I'll try to get the photos.