Author Topic: Wanted Sunn 6X12 Cabinet in Good Condition  (Read 5297 times)

Offline Sunny

Wanted Sunn 6X12 Cabinet in Good Condition
« on: February 16, 2006, 09:24:00 am »
I have two 1200S heads and one 6X12 I would like another 6X12 for live performances. I used three Sunn Model T's when they came out on 6 Marshall 4x12 in the Band SNOWAXE.Please contact me if you have one for sale.Thanks

Offline justin froehlich

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 07:44:58 pm »
Hello.  I have a Sunn 612s which may be for sale. I haven't had it open for several years, but believe the speakers are original - they all still sound great.  the speakers are mounted diagonally and really throw sound around.  This cabinet has been to Canada and had a wonderful time - it will support at least 9 empty pints of molson at once.  I'm still finding out about the cabinet, but let me know what you think it is worth, please. thank you.

Offline Sunny

Sunn 612
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 09:27:24 am »
Hi Justin , Yes I am interested what is the conditon of the cab ? Howmuch would you like for it? I am trying to make a cool set up for live. I used to use Model T amps. Do you have a lot of sunn amps? Thanks for getting back to me. Ed

Offline justin froehlich

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 06:07:38 pm »
Hello, Sunny.  The cabinet is in what I would call really good condition for its age, but I don't know how one judges these things. There is a small tear ( 1/2" X 1" ) in the tolex on the upper right side, which could easily be glued down.  The original grill cloth ( silver/black) has been replaced by vintage "STAR WARS" curtains by a short-sighted,  substance enabled guitar player who need not be named at this point. ( But let it be said that an extremely good job was done ). Other than that, it is smooth sailing.  I also have a 100s head which I bought w/ the cabinet (in similar condition and "STAR WARS" bedecked)  By the way...I don't mention the "STAR WARS' thing as a selling point...just the sad truth... Unless your really into it.  I certainly thought it was funny.  As for what I want for the cab, I don't know.  Here's what I do know --- 1) I want to find out more about it, as to its rarity and worth, because I have found little information about it. ( for all I know, Roger Daltry's useless mop was slammed against it at the Isle of Wight )---2) I want it to be played and not with one of those "I have one of those" guys.  It really just does sound too good for that.---3) I would want a "fair" price for it.  Thanks.

Offline Sunny

Sunn 612 Cabinet
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 07:10:41 pm »
Hi Justin , How much do you want for the cab it sounds cool for what I need.Let me know Thanks Ed

Offline justin froehlich

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 08:08:27 pm »
Throw out a number, Ed.

Offline Sunny

Sunn 612
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 07:44:42 am »
Justin,Where are you located? I would have to look into shipping cost due to the size/ Do you have a picture you could email me that would help to determine a fair value. I want to be fair and I am sure you do too. Lets Talk after I can see the photo and I am sure we can work something out .Thanks Ed

Offline justin froehlich

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 06:22:16 pm »
I think I'll hang onto it, after all.  Good luck on your search.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 07:36:45 am »
If you were going to sell it how much ? Ed

Offline justin froehlich

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2006, 07:16:48 pm »
no idea, really.  Sorry to flake out, I've been away.  But check inky's post for the 612 for $700.