Author Topic: concert lead smokes!  (Read 1232 times)

Offline mattygold

concert lead smokes!
« on: November 22, 2005, 06:30:28 pm »
hey i have a  concert lead that a ?resistor? (i think) has fried. its happen before, but i wanted to know if it was easy to replace and if it was even possible to find one. you can see in the picture that the same resistor was replace with what lookslike a volume pot. and that was actually put in by a guy here in town that used to work for sunn. i guess since he didnt replace it with the same thing that they might be hard to find but i wanted to make sure. im mainly asking bc my cash flow is low and if i can do it myself for cheaper then i would rather do that.

sorry the picture is blurry, i dont have the best camera.

Offline mattygold

concert lead smokes!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 03:54:58 am »
im glad everyone can answer first grade questions about ohms and cabinets. but does anyone know where to get that resistor?

Offline marcm

• http://damnthesemonkeyhands.com
resistor
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 09:08:53 pm »
Are you sure that resistor is fried?  I am dealing with my own beta bass problems but  have you tested the resistor with an ohmmeter to make sure it is dead.  I am having trouble differentiating the colors on the resistor but I am guessing it is a 24 Ohm +/_5%.  I would not personally feel good about putting a potentiometer (variable resistance) in the place of a resistor but he prolly knows more than I do.  If you can find out the color order with certainty then just head to radio shack and pick up the appropriate one.  they should have and it would be cheap. I would download the schematic from this board as well to be sure you got the colors read right.

hope this helps.  maybe someone else can answer the potentiometer questions..
marc