Author Topic: 300T and heat  (Read 1149 times)

Offline bassboysam

300T and heat
« on: March 12, 2006, 06:11:30 pm »
I recently got a 300T and it seems to work fine, however I have heard that these amps get rather hot, but I am wondering if my amp is overheating?

When I am playing I can definetly feel the heat radiating from it and I am standing about a foot in front of it, the top of the front grill also gets pretty warm as does the top of the amp.  The rear grill gets warmer than the front but thats expected.  Is this normal or could something be wrong?

Also on a side note, the other day I was plaiyg and I heard a sound which sounded like glass shattering, everyone in the band heard it,  I though maybe a tube blew up, but everything was in place and the LEDs were all green and sounded normal.  Any ideas on what may have caused that sound?

thanks

sam

Offline djoelrooster

300T and heat
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 02:50:42 pm »
I have no ideas about the breaking glass sound but if everything is working don't worry about. Second, if you're worried about the 300T getting too hot, just get a little clip fan and poit it at the head. That'll keep your components intact for a little bit longer. However, I would suggest that you take it to an amp guy you trust and have him beef up the components. They eventually blow and you'll have to do it anyway. That's what happened to mine and a few others that I know. After that though, it's smooth sailer sick sounding.

Good Luck,    JOEL

Offline rodl2005

Re: 300T and heat
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 05:48:14 pm »
 :mrgreen:    I'm in the process of buying one of these-Bassman 300pro actually, same thing tho-  but I've been using tube bass amps all my playing life-30 yrs!!!-   When I used my old 180w Aus.'70's amp   in small hot fairly cluttered gigs,  I used to put a computer fan sitting behind it pointing at the tubes- would keep it pretty cool every time- I just ripped one outta an old computer, read-on it- what V. it took-240(normal for Aus. power outlets) & hooked up a mains lead to it!   
 I know it's not as neat as having one installed etc, but it was next to free :wink:, was very quiet(couldnt hear it at all)  & it worked FINE! :-D
 Hope this helps!
      re- the breaking glass-???? :-o???????? dunno- but if alls well leavit it at that- see if it happens again tho & if so check it then!
                             Cheers,
                                       Rod

Offline rodl2005

Re: 300T and heat
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 03:40:40 am »
Just got my Fender 300probassman/Sunn300T    amp today/!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
What a beast!!! :evil: 
 Will post my views on it after this weekends gigs!
                               Rod. :mrgreen: