Author Topic: WTB- Sunn Model T (first gen)  (Read 15612 times)

Offline mike_sims

Re: WTB- Sunn Model T (first gen)
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2010, 10:23:50 pm »
Very nicely done, man. Which kind of T was it? Era's aside, that's a great deal in itself!
MAXIMUM VOLUME YIELDS MAXIMUM GOATS

1974 Sunn Model T
1975 Sunn Model T
2 Sunn 412L cabs

Offline jdfarrell81

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 04:40:34 pm »
It was a red knob, 2nd Gen. The 1st Gen I recently bought was $1400, but after a cap job, re-tubing, and few odds and ends, it was closer to $1900. Definitely not a cheap obsession

Offline mike_sims

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 05:25:46 pm »
...but a crushing obsession

1974 Sunn Model T
1975 Sunn Model T
2 Sunn 412L cabs

Offline mike_sims

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 02:02:43 am »
bump - still looking

1974 Sunn Model T
1975 Sunn Model T
2 Sunn 412L cabs

Offline mike_sims

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 09:19:57 pm »
There's one on eBay.. I threw in an early bid and as usual, someone comes in and bids over $2+ grand on it... I guess I'm just gonna call it quits trying to find one on eBay within my price range.

1974 Sunn Model T
1975 Sunn Model T
2 Sunn 412L cabs

Offline jdfarrell81

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010, 09:39:28 pm »
Christ....5 days left and already over 2 grand. This will be a record-setter. There's nothing particularly special about it. Right place, right time.

Offline mike_sims

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2010, 11:32:23 pm »
Yeah... It had a BIN price of 1400.. stupid me threw in a bid, DOH! Oh well, I'll find one eventually and dive in like a hawk to carry it away. I sent you an e-mail btw JD. Keep me updated man  :wink:

1974 Sunn Model T
1975 Sunn Model T
2 Sunn 412L cabs

Offline stanner

• s t a n o s a u r
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 12:04:27 am »
i lov/hate these tales, obsessions, etc. early in the day i was so into 1st gen Model Ts-ended up w/ eleven of them-paying a little, paying a lot, over the years-the last one i bought went for $1500-spoke w/ GregAnderson of Sunn-he quipped-'thats too much'-so i sold #11-now i have ten! eventually i will let these go-and the prices will be righteous for folks on this website. so, just hold on to yer britches yall. patience is a virtue
AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

Offline mike_sims

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2010, 12:14:39 am »
DIBS!

Jesus, 10!? You're a mad man! Dude I gotta come watch you in SF one of these days. I have a second Gen now but am trying to get a first Gen to go with it. That's awesome you'd do that for some fellow sunn fanatics... Maybe I should get a hold of Greg and try to throw some money at him, haha. I'll be seeing Goatsnake in August as I'm sure you will as well, I'm pretty stoked.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 12:30:39 am by mike_sims »

1974 Sunn Model T
1975 Sunn Model T
2 Sunn 412L cabs

Offline madaradio

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2010, 08:54:20 pm »
i lov/hate these tales, obsessions, etc. early in the day i was so into 1st gen Model Ts-ended up w/ eleven of them-paying a little, paying a lot, over the years-the last one i bought went for $1500-spoke w/ GregAnderson of Sunn-he quipped-'thats too much'-so i sold #11-now i have ten! eventually i will let these go-and the prices will be righteous for folks on this website. so, just hold on to yer britches yall. patience is a virtue

Im sure you're received 50 pms asking for one of your amps when you sell, but if you ever do sell, keep me in mind man, I'll give you a fair price.  That's been my motto as well.  Patience.  The deals are out there.  No use paying $2000 grand for one.  You just have to wait.

Offline mike_sims

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 09:31:25 pm »

Im sure you're received 50 pms asking for one of your amps when you sell, but if you ever do sell, keep me in mind man, I'll give you a fair price.  That's been my motto as well.  Patience.  The deals are out there.  No use paying $2000 grand for one.  You just have to wait.

haha, I'm guilty of messaging Stan in the past about a Model T. Yeah, with me luck too I'd pay over 2 grand for one then another would pop up for a cheap price..

1974 Sunn Model T
1975 Sunn Model T
2 Sunn 412L cabs

Offline Monsieur Lebeaux

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 09:21:03 pm »
check it out.  not sure which generation, no pic.  $1250

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/msg/1809340153.html

Offline mike_sims

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2010, 02:04:38 pm »
Some guy emailed me about selling his, of course, he wanted 2500. The thing is in beautiful condition, with manuals and all.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/michaelsims/100_7695.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/michaelsims/100_7694.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/michaelsims/100_7692.jpg

I offered him less than that (obviously), and he got all weird on me. He went on this whole thing about how he likes to buy his amps from people who have never played them and are in perfect condition... Oh, what the hell, I'll post the email.

Hi

I live in Baltimore Maryland.

Shipping would be under $100.00.

When I first started collecting vintage Sunn equipment from 1968 - 1973. It took me over a year to find equipment in very good condition. I look for one owner, someone who does not play out, has keep very good care of their equipment like I do and is asking a premium.

The premium part I have learned over 30+ years is that person is educated about what they are selling and it is worth it. There is always bad people out there that wont to much but after some questions they show their hand. Then there are the people that ask to little and you get burned because you find out later it is not all original, parts have been replaced, it has been abused and so on.

You sound like me at the beginning, and you sound like a nice person.

I do want $2500 for the head, it is worth it, but what I will do for you is lower the Price to $2400 and pay for shipping to help you out.

I hope this helps.

I guess I would be a "bad owner" in this guy's eyes, because I would play the hell out of the amp. The dude acts like he breeds sunn amps or something.
Yeah it's in great condition, but I could just get one in good condition for probably a thousand dollars less that plays perfectly..

1974 Sunn Model T
1975 Sunn Model T
2 Sunn 412L cabs

Offline jdfarrell81

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2010, 04:45:26 pm »
Hmm...I thought I had a pretty good handle on everyone who had Sunn gear in Baltimore, but I have no idea who this person is. Damn nice T, though.