Author Topic: SUNN 215 B Cabinet Questions  (Read 3025 times)

Offline Caddy Daddy

SUNN 215 B Cabinet Questions
« on: February 22, 2010, 06:25:36 am »
Hey SUNN Experienced Bass Players / History Grads - 
I pIayed a Fender Bandmaster with JBL 123’s many years ago and always loved the sound.
SUNN to me was always the KING period!
I now have had a SUNN 215B CAB for a few years – really good shape for its age (little grill problem) but OKAY - with the badge on the Front that says Loudspeaker Components by JBL”. I took the JBL’s them to be the Orange backed Fender labeled JBL D140’s – I think – put then in another cabinet. I got them for my son who never used it ad now plays lead. 
I always thought this cabinet – real wood & with the way cool white Dual Horn Loading was something special. Now since I don't play bass probably need to sell it. I have looked to find what it should bring by having no luck as I seen various prices. So I need some Help! : 
 QUESTION: Any one know what year this cabinet was made? Do you know what the standard speaker/ ohms / power handling for this cabinet was if you did not it with the JBL’s? – Don't know how to track this one……..
I have a pair of CTS 15’s and really like their Big sound  - but I have four of them in an old Acoustic 271 PA cabinet – had the old Atlas type horn up top n- (a bit dated ya think)?? - , but I hate to pull two out and have a mismatch. Back when I played  - our bass played used and Acoustic dual 15 cab with these in it – always sounded good!

I also have a pair of Eminence Kappa L 15’s (I think – hard to determine because there is no model on it except the KAPPA and a bunch of numbers but I think I found what it is). Power rating says 600 watts RMS – seems huge to me!   
What should I do to get the most out of this situation?
1.   Put the cab on EBAY w the JBL’s to get the highest amount?
2.   Put the CTS’s in the cab and sell it locally
3.   Put the Kappa’s in the cab and sell it – HOW? – maybe this forum?
4.   I still don’t know much this cabinet is worth. To me it's the coolest look and design I can remember, but is it worth more or less than a modern day “shrunk” particleboard piece of Junk??
5.   I also have a Black widow – new coil – never used but think it is a PA version, but I don't want to have to buy another to dual this one.
6.   How much are the JBL’s worth? They look & sound real good. Is the Orange Label more valuable?
Sometimes I think I'll just keep the cab and learn to play my Son's base!!!
Pls. advise SUNN guys………..  : 

Offline bigobassman

• "You can't have too much bass."
Re: SUNN 215 B Cabinet Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 08:32:13 pm »
Sorry, but I don't have answers on any of this for you.  I do have a question on the Black Widow.  You think that it's the PA version, but what are the numbers and letters on it?  Thanks.   8-)
"You can't have too much bass."

Offline jerryjg

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 09:29:40 pm »
Sorry, but I don't have answers on any of this for you.  I do have a question on the Black Widow.  You think that it's the PA version, but what are the numbers and letters on it?  Thanks.   8-)

Blasphemy.You have the prefect speakers for that cabinet in the JBLD140's. They are bass speakers.
selling it is like prostituting your sister.
If you must, then sell the D140's,and keep the cabinets. You can also sell the Kappalites.

Offline buckangus

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 01:21:56 pm »
do you still have the cabinet and JBL's for sale?

jeff