Author Topic: Sunn 6x10 cab with angled speakers...  (Read 2240 times)

Offline wilddeath

Sunn 6x10 cab with angled speakers...
« on: March 26, 2009, 05:46:36 pm »
There is one on Ebay for local pickup, the guy happens to be two towns over.  I have been looking for any 6x10 for my bass amp (ampeg b25).  Was the angled cabinet specifically designed for guitar... Someon once told me they were for the Concert Lead...  Or being that there at an angle, does the cabinet not have enough room to move air for decent bass tone?

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
Re: Sunn 6x10 cab with angled speakers...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 08:29:57 pm »
There have been some great posts about the angled 6X10 in the past, including some DIY cabs if I remember correctly. Try a search, you will probably come up with a bunch of info.

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
Re: Sunn 6x10 cab with angled speakers...
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 10:21:19 am »
In my opinion, the drivers used in the 610S were not suitable for bass, and there is not enough air volume in the cabinet to use drivers that would be. However, tone is subjective, and many bass players like a tone with little low bass in it. You won't know for sure if you like it until you try it. Keep in mind that this cabinet was intended for use with an amp that could power it with about 120 watts, or 20 watts per driver. I wouldn't try to put much more than that into it, nor would I try to equalize it to get low bass out of it.
Isaac