Author Topic: Stereo/Mono Jack Help  (Read 2012 times)

Offline Walt-Dogg

Stereo/Mono Jack Help
« on: March 09, 2011, 02:42:51 am »
I have a Marshall 1960 cab and the 16 ohm mono input doesn't work, but when the cab is switched to stereo it does. Wat do?The jack plate has already been completely replaced once, I've checked the wiring inside the cab, it's not my amp or my cable and I went over the new plate and reheated and added solder to all the solder joints on the PCB of the jack plate...

And while I'm at it, when I turn my RAT pedal on it still doesn't give me full volume sometimes until I turn it off and really stomp the power button on it after going over the PCB of the pedal and reheating and adding solder to the joints.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:01:44 pm by Walt-Dogg »
Gibson Les Paul Special
Electra X260
Squier Precision Bass MIJ
Science Hellhawk 100w
Ampeg VT-22/V-4
Science Mother
Mojotone Bluesbreaker 2x12
Mojotone British 4x12
Ampeg SVT 810

Offline Brianna1

Re: Stereo/Mono Jack Help
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 04:26:55 pm »
I have a Marshall 1960 cab and the 16 ohm mono input doesn't work, but when the cab is switched to stereo it does. Wat do?The jack plate has already been completely replaced once, I've checked the wiring inside the cab, it's not my amp or my cable and I went over the new plate and reheated and added solder to all the solder joints on the PCB of the jack plate...

And while I'm at it, when I turn my RAT pedal on it still doesn't give me full volume sometimes until I turn it off and really stomp the power button on it after going over the PCB of the pedal and reheating and adding solder to the joints.
If you're really having to stomp the power button, it might be time to take it to your local audio store and have a qualified professional look at it.  I always refer to my indianapolis electrician with problems like this.  You can usually find a local one to do little knick knack projects like this for cheap.  Often times they won't charge you unless they do the work.  This way, if it's an easy fix, you can get it done.  Other wise, you might have to drop some dime eventually and get new stuff.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 12:02:17 pm by Brianna1 »