Author Topic: Monster Concert Bass rig  (Read 7121 times)

Offline bigobassman

• "You can't have too much bass."
Re: Monster Concert Bass rig
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 06:57:12 am »
OK - I think that everyone has made their respective points - some a little more strongly than others - so - let's move on and remember that everyone's entitled to their opinion and that generally, we're all here for a common reason - fun stuff, Sunn and music.   8-)
"You can't have too much bass."

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 07:25:46 am »

i think the price is high because the economy is shit right now. heads on ebay aren't even going for that much, whether they're the silver ones or not. i saw 2 of the red knobbed ones on craigslist listed at $350, both from different sellers and they constantly got relisted and i'm pretty sure they didn't even get $300.

So, you don't really know what it's worth then. You haven't bought or sold any Concert slaves, you won't even make an offer to the seller.
You just decided to pop off and devalue another member's classified listing... and I'm the d***?

It's better to have people just think you're a moron, than to open your yap and prove it beyond a doubt.
I wasn't aware that you knew about every single piece of sunn equipment that was being sold. What says I haven't bought or sold one? Get your eyes checked because I already posted what I would pay for one, but I'm sure you're too busy policing the internet. Get a life.

So, I guess I misunderstood. You are actually making an offer of $250-$275 to fatlizzard for his slave? From reading your post it seemed like a baseless, unsolicited opinion rather than an attempt to buy. I didn’t realize you were willing to put your money where your mouth was.

If it was an offer, I apologize for misunderstanding your post.

By the way, watch your language. Kids come here. I don’t care about personal assaults on myself, but if you don’t have the ability to be a civil adult about it, keep it to yourself of send it via PM.

Offline porkusabyssus

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 04:25:02 pm »
Wish i had the cash. :cry: If you still have those heads in a month or two I might be interested

Offline HRobert

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 06:45:44 pm »
I've got a mid 70's Concert Bass and Concert slave (Both black face-red knob) and a Sunn 2-15 cab. with JBL 15-S (D-130) speakers and a 3-12 cab. with CMT sunn speakers.
i am asking 1,200 for the whole setup or 350.00 for each item.
I am in the LA area (O.C.) and would be willing to ship the heads but probably not the Cabs.

Is that a Gibson EB-0 or an EB-1, I can't remember which is which?  Knew a guy who played one...heavy as hell according to him.  I guess they used to make a leg that would screw onto the bottom so one could play it like an upright bass.

Offline fatlizzard

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 07:21:38 pm »
If I can make it through this next month I won’t have to sell it :-) The bass is an EB-1, they were made from 1954 to 1958 mine is a 1969 reissue (69-71) probably the most notable player of these was Felix Pappalardi (Mountain) who played it through a Sunn amp, Jack Bruce has also been known to use them, It’s a very heavy bass for its size and yes they did come with a pole for playing upright!

Offline fatlizzard

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 04:40:14 pm »
Will sell heads for 225.00 each plus shipping - Cabs for 225.00 pick up only !!!
If no intrest on here will probably e-bay them!
Thanks!!!!!!!

Offline Walt-Dogg

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2010, 03:22:58 am »
If you could hang onto that Concert Slave till the winter holiday, I'd buy it from you when I'm visiting LA/OC. I have a Concert Bass and and a 215B, I really wanna get the Slave to power an extra 8x10.
Gibson Les Paul Special
Electra X260
Squier Precision Bass MIJ
Science Hellhawk 100w
Ampeg VT-22/V-4
Science Mother
Mojotone Bluesbreaker 2x12
Mojotone British 4x12
Ampeg SVT 810