Author Topic: Monster Concert Bass rig  (Read 7418 times)

Offline fatlizzard

Monster Concert Bass rig
« on: September 27, 2010, 08:23:19 pm »
I've got a mid 70's Concert Bass and Concert slave (Both black face-red knob) and a Sunn 2-15 cab. with JBL 15-S (D-130) speakers and a 3-12 cab. with CMT sunn speakers.
i am asking 1,200 for the whole setup or 350.00 for each item.
I am in the LA area (O.C.) and would be willing to ship the heads but probably not the Cabs.

Offline rot gut

Re: Monster Concert Bass rig
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 07:11:57 am »
$350 for the slave is pretty steep.

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 08:52:26 am »

Compared to what? All of the other Concert slaves that have sold recently? All of the Concert slaves you have personally bought or sold?  :?
Not to seem like a jerk, but I think it truthfully depends on how bad you want one.
What would you pay? Talk is cheap; why not step up and make fatlizzard a cash offer rather than arbitrarily disrespect his asking price?

In my opinion, it's a moot point anyway; while I'm not a transistor amp fan, this rig looks too sweet to break up anyway!  :-o

Offline grimniggzy

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 09:12:17 am »
ah jeez.
Sunn Coliseum Bass--->Sunn 215B
Sunn Beta Bass--->Ampeg 410HLF
Sunn Beta Lead--->Marshall 4X12
2 Sunn Concert Basses
3 Fender P's, 1 Fretless J, 2 Statss, AmpegPlexiBass
OC-2 + QTrons + RATs + VTBass

Offline mckinnon audio

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 09:42:52 am »
  Great looking basses you've got in that pic,Mel.

Offline CLD

• Sunn Sorado
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 11:19:21 am »
Wow, a single-pickup T-bird! What year is that?

Adding to EdBass' post, most Concert Slaves I've seen offered online or in person look pretty rough but this one is obviously the much less common blackface model and looks great.
Sunn since June 1971!
1971 Sorado, 2000S, Coliseum Bass, Coliseum Lead
1970 200S; 1974 Coliseum 880

Offline fatlizzard

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 12:02:59 pm »
The T-Bird is a "63" one of only two single pickup models shipped in the first year!
I really dont want to sell the amps but I haven't used them in about 2 years and will probably never need anything so big in the future,it is a great sounding setup!!!!!

Offline rot gut

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 12:59:23 pm »

Compared to what? All of the other Concert slaves that have sold recently? All of the Concert slaves you have personally bought or sold?  :?
Not to seem like a jerk, but I think it truthfully depends on how bad you want one.
What would you pay? Talk is cheap; why not step up and make fatlizzard a cash offer rather than arbitrarily disrespect his asking price?
Congrats on coming off looking like a d***.

If I were interested in it I'd pay $250-$275, depending on his location, method of shipping, condition, etc.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 06:38:27 pm by EdBass »

Offline biltmore

• The Sound Choice
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 01:30:50 pm »

No, it's not.

Congrats on coming off looking like a dick.

Hate to burst your bubble pal, but it's you who's coming off looking like a d***. EdBass was right on the money. The only thing you had to say in your comment was that the price for the slave was pretty steep, and nothing else. Why didn't you offer something constructive and say " I think the price is a bit high because ________."

Back to the topic at hand (always seems like someone's post in the classified section gets derailed due to crap like this), that's a beautiful setup fatlizzard. It's a damn shame that you're parting with it.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 06:38:59 pm by EdBass »

Offline rot gut

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 03:51:17 pm »
i think the price is high because the economy is shit right now. heads on ebay aren't even going for that much, whether they're the silver ones or not. i saw 2 of the red knobbed ones on craigslist listed at $350, both from different sellers and they constantly got relisted and i'm pretty sure they didn't even get $300.

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 06:37:23 pm »
i think the price is high because the economy is shit right now. heads on ebay aren't even going for that much, whether they're the silver ones or not. i saw 2 of the red knobbed ones on craigslist listed at $350, both from different sellers and they constantly got relisted and i'm pretty sure they didn't even get $300.

So, you don't really know what it's worth then. You haven't bought or sold any Concert slaves, you won't even make an offer to the seller.
You just decided to pop off and devalue another member's classified listing... and I'm the d***?

It's better to have people just think you're a moron, than to open your yap and prove it beyond a doubt.

Offline foxfire

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 08:09:02 pm »
who the hell are you to pick apart another persons opinion, and then discredit what he has seen an item sell for in his area? if they were relisted for less than $350 then they most likely didn't sell for $350...are you such a gift to us all that you need to tell him how to respond/post? should we all run our posts by you to assure they are up to your standard? i have found quite a few people here to be so high on themselves that i hardly bother coming here. of course you can say anything you want, why you felt like you had to say anything more than "i think that $350 isn't a bad price." or "why do you think $350 is too high?" oh, wait there i go trying to tell you what to say...

Offline Addam

• Opus Noir
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 09:03:31 pm »
Ehohel.  :-P

Offline rot gut

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 09:16:31 pm »

So, you don't really know what it's worth then. You haven't bought or sold any Concert slaves, you won't even make an offer to the seller.
You just decided to pop off and devalue another member's classified listing... and I'm the d***?

It's better to have people just think you're a moron, than to open your yap and prove it beyond a doubt.
I wasn't aware that you knew about every single piece of sunn equipment that was being sold. What says I haven't bought or sold one? Get your eyes checked because I already posted what I would pay for one, but I'm sure you're too busy policing the internet. Get a life.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 10:11:00 am by EdBass »