Author Topic: grill cloth for sunn cabinet  (Read 1617 times)

Offline fatlizzard

grill cloth for sunn cabinet
« on: August 22, 2004, 11:18:59 am »
I just purchaced a sunn 3-12 cabinet that has the original grill that I will be using with a 200s cab. that has a black replacement grill, I want both cabs. to match but don't want to replace the original,does anyone know where to find original or original looking material!
Thanks!!!!!

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 07:44:08 pm »
If you are looking for the newer type that is similar to Fender with the little rectangles, it's Wendel Fabrics SF-7005. If you are looking for the old style used prior to mid 1969, it's unobtainium for now. A guy from Mojo parts that I met at a guitar show told me that it isn't made any more, but I'm looking into what it will take to have some made. Keep your eyes open here and on ebay.

Offline Soundmasterg

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 03:39:46 pm »
Hey loudthud, that was pretty interesting. I'll keep my eyes out here for any more info you find out about the old grille cloth. I'm planning on having a cabinet or two made and would like to outfit both with grillecloth to match my '68 2000S if possible.

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 07:23:57 pm »
The minimum order from Melotone (now Wendell Fabrics), the original supplier, is 2500 yards !!! Ouch ! Probably more than the total world wide demand. It may be possible to get some made in China however.

Offline ryangobie

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 10:19:05 am »
this place sells replacement fender cloth

http://www.vibroworld.com/parts/tech10.html

maybe its the one mentioned above?
weeeeeee