Author Topic: '72 - '74 Sunn 215S Speaker Cabinet for sale!  (Read 3178 times)

Offline Ryan Phelps

'72 - '74 Sunn 215S Speaker Cabinet for sale!
« on: April 09, 2009, 07:49:07 pm »
This is a Sunn 215S speaker cabinet that dates between 1972 – 1974. It’s in good condition; I’d rate it conservatively at 6 out of 10. The Tolex is in good condition with a few nicks and a couple of small tears that I’ve glued back down. The speakers are original Sunn 158B’s wired for a 16 ohm load. They can easily be re-wired for 4 ohms. Two corners were missing and I replaced them with new reproductions. The Sunn badge is missing two screws (easily found at your local Ace Hardware) and all the handle caps are missing. I suspect the plastic feet are replacements, but the castors are original. It appears that someone’s cat customized the grille cloth (see the photos), but it’s been painted black so it’s not as noticeable. Fender silver and black grille cloth, run the opposite direction, is a reasonable replacement if this bothers you.
This cabinet sounds just the way it should. Just add a Sunn 200S and you are good-to-go!
$250 plus shipping. I'm located 1 hour north of Seattle. Message me and I'll send a bunch of pix.

Ryan Phelps

Offline justinmilwaukee

Re: '72 - '74 Sunn 215S Speaker Cabinet for sale!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 08:13:46 am »
very interested in this 2x15 as well. get in touch!

feel free to email me back at justinmulry@ymail.com