Author Topic: *SOLD* FS: 1969 Sunn 2000S Stack. DC/MD/NoVa  (Read 4273 times)

Offline opivy3056

*SOLD* FS: 1969 Sunn 2000S Stack. DC/MD/NoVa
« on: May 31, 2011, 03:21:32 pm »
Hey

I've got a Sunn 2000S bass stack from 1969. All original except the tubes and it was recapped by Gary at garrett park guitars in 2009. These normally go for 2 grand on ebay. It's in good working condition. Pretty good cosmetic shape for being so old as well. It's currently at the shop so I don't have any pics (and i only got my first digital camera on saturday). It's not as super clean as some of the amps I've seen but there's no major damage to the tolex anywhere and the metal parts have just browned with time.

Comes with the monster matching 2x15 cab with original JBL D140 speakers. Inside of the cab dates the amp to May of 69'. It's ~120 watts of tube power. Gets ridiculously loud. It's also got the 3 prong power cord and death cap removed.

Disclaimer: one of the power tubes has blown, and it'll need a new set of KT88's (i could maybe replace just the one, but a matched quad is ideal for an amp like this). Hence why my asking price is so cheap! Standard fixer upper for a vintage tube amp enthusiast.

Serious inquiries only, pricing is firm at $1000

Pickup preferred but I can drive somewhere if I find a car big enough for the speakers  :-o

« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 09:51:09 pm by opivy3056 »

Offline metalHeavy

Re: FS: 1969 Sunn 2000S Stack. DC/MD/NoVa
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 02:43:40 pm »
Hey man would you be willing to sell the cab only?

Offline opivy3056

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 04:40:36 pm »
Yes I would!

Offline blackvision

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 08:49:31 am »
Hey I was just curious how much you would sell just the head for? As well as the amps location.
Thanks.

Offline mc2

Re: *SOLD* FS: 1969 Sunn 2000S Stack. DC/MD/NoVa
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 11:33:51 am »
I normally don't flame someone but this seller is a ROYAL A-HOLE!!!!

For over a month we had agreed upon a price for his cab....we emailed MANY times....we spoke on the phone (I had to call hid GF's phone, apparently he doesn't have one)....set up meets but he cancelled the last minute (couldn't borrow a car.) Apparently no concern that I had to take time off for the meets that he cancelled last minute.

I offered to drive all the way to pick it up...or have it dropped locally at a friend's near him...pre-pay and pick up later.

Seller claimed he worked lots of 12-hour days but he'd reschedule and work it out.

So...today I get an email that he sold it to someone who "came from NH and he hopes I understand."

Uh, no. I don't. 

Where I come from, when two people agree to a deal and someone gives you their word, they stick to it....especially after a month of communications, setiing prices/times to meet, etc. The only thing holding it up was the seller cancelling, apologizing and promising to reschedule as soon as he could.

TOTAL TOOL U R !!!!!

Offline opivy3056

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 01:39:00 pm »
Yep. I couldnt drive over 4+ hours to meet you just to sell the cab alone. The gas was unjustified for how much I was getting for it. Maybe if i was spending 50 dollars in gas to sell something for 2 grand it would've made more sense...but not 300 bucks. Plus I dont have a car big enough to move that cab and it's pretty hard to contact your friends to schedule borrowing a truck when you dont get on the internet or use a cell phone regularly.

Another guy just happened to hit me up around the same time and wanted both the amp and the cab and was super pumped to drive from New Hampshire to where I was to get it. He set some time aside to pick it up almost immediately after claiming that he wanted it. I needed to pay some bills that were far past due. Thats why I was selling the amp. I had to go with the more practical option. I'm sorry that I could've communicated what was going on better, but I DO actually work twelve hour days.

As for flaming me on the sunn forum, it seems kind of redundant since I dont have any sunn gear left anyways. I wish I did, but I had to sell this amp out of necessity. I'm assuming you've never been in my situation.

Offline mc2

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 07:32:20 pm »
You offered to meet me half way then cancelled AFTER I was supposed to have already left the day we were to meet.

Totally irresponsable. No regard to my having to take time off or waste my time.

I offered to drive to you. You totally dicked me around for a month+.

Your "word" is apparently worth nothing. A sign of someone with a major character flaw.

That's OK dude.....people like that get nowhere in life....end up working in dead end jobs for 12 hours a day and wonder why they have no phone or car....

...oh wait, You're already there!!  NOW you have a clue WHY!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 03:12:19 pm by mc2 »