Author Topic: Cave In  (Read 5634 times)

Offline Ryan_77uk

• http://www.wipedoutelms.com
Cave In
« on: February 22, 2003, 05:56:56 am »
Cave In, an awesome band from the US use Sunn guitar heads. The singer Stephen uses a Model T. Their new album 'Antenna' is out March 17. Look out for the song 'Inspire' it has a great riff.

These guys rule, check them out at http://www.cavein.net
Ryan.x

- Ryan's Gear

Offline youDEVILyou

• http://www.thebearpress.com/phpBB2/index.php
Cave In
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2003, 04:13:56 pm »
ahaha
no shit?

wow

i hate cave in but do they use vintage or the new monsters?

Offline Ryan_77uk

Cave In
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2003, 05:19:27 am »
You being sarcastic? No comprende...

I'm not sure. The singers Model T was had the white knobs and sign, but I can't remember if it was an orignal or a Fender. That was the first time I saw/heard of a Sunn, so God bless Cave In.

Cave In fucking rule  :lol:
Ryan.x

- Ryan's Gear

Offline whatever

cave in blows
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 04:49:41 pm »
actually cave in totally sucks. they might have been "ok" about 6-7 years ago but that new stuff they do where they play really horrible indie crap is lame.

they were better as a hardcore band before they tried really really hard to sell out.

all theyre old fans hate them and all theyre new fans lie and say theyre old fans...same old story....

but ive heard rumors that theyre new album may be heavy again. which will make me respect them even less. sure...get all tough again as hardcore makes an upswing in popularity and switch back again when it isnt cool anymore...

those kids are lame...too bad cuz they were/are talented...like when they were 17.

Offline Ryan_77uk

Cave In
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 05:53:54 pm »
Their old stuff is cool as balls, I was pleased when they thre in 3 old songs into a UK festival set much to the horror of the crowd.

Its good that a band move and change, if bands don't challenge their fans, it gets boring. Look at Fugazi, ace, they always do somethnig new.

When did Cave In ever say they'd play the same genre forever? If you only like hardcore you probably won't like their new stuff because..... oh yeah, it isn't hardcore. Give the new three records a listen instead of being angry hardcore kids.

Steven uses a mk1 Model T with a reissue Model T 412.
Ryan.x

- Ryan's Gear

Offline whatever

Cave In
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2004, 03:00:11 pm »
yeah well...i happen to have pretty much grown up with them here in boston and have known most of them personaly for alot my life. so please dont try to school me on what they are or arent like or what theyre intentions are.

they are basicly trying very hard to pull a "metallica" and have been for a long time now...

fugazi sucks too. they havent "challenged" anyone since repeater. and that wasnt challenging either.

assuming im a hardcore kid is big mistake. just cuz i dont like boring indie rock doesnt mean im into hardcore. i actually hate most hardcore and have since a long time ago. mainly because most hardcore bands suck...

and whats this if its not challenging its boring crap? i like what i hear a band do the first time i hear them not what they plan to do differently 7 years from now. if that happens to be metal i dont expect ill be liking it to much when they turn into a whiny little pop band...

call it challenging or call it selling out but most people can see it for what it is which is bullshit.

Offline Ryan_77uk

Cave In
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2004, 04:42:49 pm »
Define what you means by selling out. From what I've read they've done everything as they've wanted to do things. No sacrafices have been made to sell more records other going in a different direction with their music.

I'm not saying all music has to challenge you and make you stop and think about it but if a band are on their 3rd or 4th album and they're still doing the same old thing, I'd get bored so I want a bna dwho I've been into a while to show me what else they can do, progress.

I love Fugazi, they're an awesome band. But we clearly have different opinions about them completely. Your wrong  :lol:

But I'll give you this... Antenna is the worst Cave In record but I wouldn't call it shit by any means, it's just not as good as the others. Even if Cave In were making hardcore records you wouldn't like them as much, you grow out of bands and rarely think the new stuff is as good as the old. The fact that Cave In did somethnig completely different just gives you more ammo to shoot them with.

Define selling out...
Ryan.x

- Ryan's Gear

Offline ORANGE

Cave In
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 10:09:13 pm »
hadcore/screamo trash is over - the only thing I hate about Cave In is their occaissional references to those styles. Their noisy new stuff is wicked.

Offline IKOH2OH

Re: Cave In
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 12:43:09 am »
One of the guitarists in that group, McGrath (I think.)

Mentioned using a 1000S as his stage amp.

IKO

Offline Bhairab108

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 08:58:05 am »
who cares who sucks and whos selling out,if you don't like them, why argue about it? so ryan likes cave in, its his right , this is the whos using sunn part of the forum,not the who sucks!! tastes vary.some of us like doom metal,some wussrock,its cool cuz we all love sunn!

rick.heil

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 09:37:17 am »
amen, brother.

Offline Andy's Junky Music

Re: cave in blows
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2006, 10:16:06 pm »
actually cave in totally sucks. they might have been "ok" about 6-7 years ago but that new stuff they do where they play really horrible indie crap is lame.

they were better as a hardcore band before they tried really really hard to sell out.

all theyre old fans hate them and all theyre new fans lie and say theyre old fans...same old story....

but ive heard rumors that theyre new album may be heavy again. which will make me respect them even less. sure...get all tough again as hardcore makes an upswing in popularity and switch back again when it isnt cool anymore...

those kids are lame...too bad cuz they were/are talented...like when they were 17.

hahahahahaha you obviously only know yourself as a cave in fan.  just about every person I've ever talked to about cave in likes their new stuff just as much as their old stuff. 

Offline pickinatit

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2007, 10:22:25 am »
who cares who sucks and whos selling out,if you don't like them, why argue about it? so ryan likes cave in, its his right , this is the whos using sunn part of the forum,not the who sucks!! tastes vary.some of us like doom metal,some wussrock,its cool cuz we all love sunn!

The Tie That Binds!!