Author Topic: WHO needed the Col Bass Schematic?  (Read 4712 times)

Anonymous

WHO needed the Col Bass Schematic?
« on: July 31, 2001, 08:29:00 pm »
http://www.richbriere.com/The_Sunn_Shack.htm

It's located right after the first paragraph. If it's not clear enough...let me know. I also have the parts list for the amp if you need that. P...bring it on over here if it's acceptable. Otherwise, I'll rescan it and use a thumbnail. Anyone else need a schematic while I have them out???

Offline Holger

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2001, 02:28:00 am »
Yeeaaaahhh! It's me who desperately needs that schematic, Holger from Germany. The problem however really is that it's not clear enough, If I enlarge it it's impossible to read anything on there. Do you still have the original? If you could scan it again, that would be just great. My amp has beeb waiting for a few months to be repaired and I really want to play a gig with it, I need something to convince the people of my bass sound :smile:

Are you sure what you have is the power amp section schematic and also from the model I've got: It's a Coliseum Bass from 1977 I believe (not a Coliseum 300 or Coliseum head or any other with Coliseum in it's name )

My hope is rising

Holger

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2001, 04:46:00 am »
OK Holger.........After checking my site last night I've discovered that several of the schematics posted there have, somehow, corrupted so I'll begin the replacement process.

Return to the site this morning and you'll find the clearer version of the col bass. I may have to scan it in two sections but you'll get the entire thing.

Bass-ically Yours
Rich Briere

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2001, 05:21:00 am »
OK Holger...it should all be there for you. :^>)

Bass-ically Yours,
Rich Briere

Offline Holger

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2001, 09:13:00 am »
Hey Rich,

You're an ace!!! That was a really quick job you did, amazing!!!! Soon the crowds will hear what a real bass sound is, thanks to you!
I read your message concerning Don T. I think you should definitely contact that man. You would be the dreamteam of the Sunn Website.

Thanks a lot

Holger

Offline Holger

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2001, 11:49:00 am »
Hey Rich,

It's me again, Holger.
with bad news unfortunately, after downloading the schematic I had a close look at them and soon identified them to be from the preamp section.
Now the question is, if you have any other Coliseum Bass Schematics flying around: If so, could you please check if they are different and maybe show the poweramp section.
Thanks a lot for making this effort! I appreciate your help.

Holger

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2001, 04:59:00 pm »
Hey Holger...that what ya need???   :^>)

Bass-icallyYours,
RB

Offline Holger

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2001, 03:14:00 am »
Hey Rich

Unfortunately that is the same schematic as on your website, it is the preamp schematic, my preamp section is working allright. My poweramp circuit board is the one that's giving me trouble.
It's cool that that schematic is up on the Sunn page now for all the ones who's preamp section needs help, maybe you've got some others and that might make the set of Coliseum Bass Schematics complete. Or maybe you know someone who's got them.

Thanks
Holger

Offline Holger

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2001, 03:42:00 am »
And again it's me: Holger

I've been working hard to make this the largest thread of the discussion forum....
The last message was written before actually having another look on your website and there I find what I think is the solution to my problems, so you can forget about the last message. Maybe you can send the new schematics to Sunn as well and the website will then feature the complete Col Bass schematic.

Let's hope that I found what I need.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2001, 05:29:00 am »
I'll do my best to contribute bits in order to make this the longest thread as well. Should anyone else wish to add to this effort, please feel free. :6>)  Should you not have anything to say about the scematics, you could always tell us what you had for breakfast, where you went on summer vacation, etc.

Here's to the "Sultans of Sunn"!!!

Bass-ically Yours,
RB

Offline Don T.

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2001, 04:52:00 pm »
Hello:
 OK - Here's my two bits worth. Just wanted the thread to continue. Thanks for all your help RB. Did the bio answer all your questions or was there something specific, besides Georges name, that you were after.
Don T.
Don T.

If it's too loud, you're too old.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2001, 08:39:00 pm »
Don..I was trying to remember some of the other guys from SUNN/Biamp.......I'm having a midlife moment however and I can't remember..was there a ??? White??

Offline Don T.

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2001, 01:37:00 am »
Hello:
 Terry White (marketing), Larry Lynn (president), Rex Baker (eng), Howard Getz (eng), Rod Goldhammer (top eng), Bob Hick (eng), Dave Peterson (prod mgr), Bill Stahlin (golden ears - sound test), Will Hobbs (eng). If I think hard enough I might remember some more.
Don T.
Don T.

If it's too loud, you're too old.