Author Topic: SUNN 215B Cab  (Read 1938 times)

Offline bigobassman

• "You can't have too much bass."
SUNN 215B Cab
« on: January 17, 2016, 08:38:56 am »
Looking at pics of one for sale.  It looks pretty beat, but I love a challenge.  My question - were there versions of this cab that only had the red SUNN badge on the top left front - no strip running across the top that included the 215B labeling?  I've looked everywhere and have a found a couple of pics that are like this, but the vast majority that I've located have the strip with the 215B on it. I can also see that it's painted white behind the grill cloth and has the vent running from top to bottom on the right side of the cab, both which appear to be correct.  Too far a drive to look and then find that a bunch of stuff is wrong or butchered.  Says it has original speakers.  Also says it's from the 60's, which wouldn't be right.  Thanks!
"You can't have too much bass."

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
Re: SUNN 215B Cab
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 07:49:33 pm »
The 82 catalog has no panel across the top of the 215B but there is one across the top of the 412L and the middle of the 215BH. The 79 catalog has the panel across the top with 215B on the right side above the port. Both have white painted baffle boards but in 79 the speakers were closer together vertically.

Offline bigobassman

• "You can't have too much bass."
Re: SUNN 215B Cab
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 08:12:01 pm »
PERFECT.  Thank you.
"You can't have too much bass."